Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

The official TRIARII build

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't read all of your posts about your misfires and you may have answered this but, does the Turner engine have a performance cam?

Old 12-16-2016, 07:02 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie
I haven't read all of your posts about your misfires and you may have answered this but, does the Turner engine have a performance cam?
Yes I opted for the H180 'Sports Torque' Kent camshaft upgrade. What are you thinking?

Old 12-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
This is probably not the place to discuss ethics, morals, white sumpremacy etc. You really dont want to go there anyways. Plenty of social justive warriors rioting acorss the country as we speak and your welcome to hop on the "white gult" band wagon if it makes you feel better about your "situation". The past is the past, nobody can change that. Better to move on and stop pointing the finger at anyone who maintains a different point of view than you. That is diversity is it not?
Its not "a different point of view" I take issue with, its crap like this.
Name:  Screenshot_20160513-234853_zpsovbnvxm7.png
Views: 161
Size:  304.4 KB
I looked at the Facebook page before it was taken down, disappeared, or went to Closed group status and its exactly what it sounds like.
You're a turd.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:44 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by fishEH
Its not "a different point of view" I take issue with, its crap like this.

I looked at the Facebook page before it was taken down, disappeared, or went to Closed group status and its exactly what it sounds like.
You're a turd.
Are you offended? Do you support censorship? To you suffer from white guilt and blame yourself from the horrible crimes committed aginst others? Do you hate being Caucasian? Do you hate being a male? Do you hate the american flag? Does the confederate flag offend you more than a ISIS flag? Do you consider the POW flag to be racist? Do civil war status in Texas offend you? Do you hate cops? Do you believe everything you hear on the news? Did you vote for Bernie or Hillary? Do you know the dictionary meaning of "racism"? Is it a crime to take pride in who you are, where youre from or your heritage? Is it racist in your SJW handbook to take pride in your race, where youre from or your heritage? Are you an idiot?

You cant fix stupid.

Last edited by TRIARII; 12-16-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

You're an idiot.
White isn't a heritage, its a skin color.
Did I mention you're an idiot?
Are you offended? Do you support censorship? To you suffer from white guilt and blame yourself from the horrible crimes committed aginst others? Do you hate being Caucasian? Do you hate being a male? Do you hate the american flag? Does the confederate flag offend you more than a ISIS flag? Do you consider the POW flag to be racist? Do civil war status in Texas offend you? Do you hate cops? Do you believe everything you hear on the news? Did you vote for Bernie or Hillary? Do you know the dictionary meaning of "racism"? Is it a crime to take pride in who you are, where youre from or your heritage? Is it racist in your SJW handbook to take pride in your race, where youre from or your heritage? Are you an idiot?

You cant fix stupid.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:06 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by fishEH
You're an idiot.
White isn't a heritage, its a skin color.
Did I mention you're an idiot?
Never said skin color was heritage, you still cant read jack. Let me quote my quote for you: "Is it a crime to take pride in who you are, where youre from or your heritage?".

You must have many pictures of dudes saved on your external hard drive yes? I should start charging a fee!

Old 12-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I put a lopey cam in my 4.6 and while the engine was short lived I can see the potential for a hot cam to register misfires where there are none. I'll Google it but I recall pulling back from a hotter cam for that very reason, based on something I read.

If OCD is an issue, wait until you have to mess with your knock sensor wires and discover a FACTORY coax cable that splits into separate wires with ELECTRICAL TAPE!!!! But I agree, the location of the coils is nonsensical. It is amazing how the Disco is clearly a bridge between the Defender and a modern vehicle, but is neither.

The following users liked this post:
TRIARII (12-16-2016)
Old 12-16-2016, 11:04 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
I put a lopey cam in my 4.6 and while the engine was short lived I can see the potential for a hot cam to register misfires where there are none. I'll Google it but I recall pulling back from a hotter cam for that very reason, based on something I read.

If OCD is an issue, wait until you have to mess with your knock sensor wires and discover a FACTORY coax cable that splits into separate wires with ELECTRICAL TAPE!!!! But I agree, the location of the coils is nonsensical. It is amazing how the Disco is clearly a bridge between the Defender and a modern vehicle, but is neither.
Your the second person to mention the cam as a potential possibility. Guess there is no real way to test that theory right now but Ill keep it in mind should all else fail. Is it possiable for the system to "think" the engine is misfiring even though its not actually misfiring? Be it a very unlikely scenario? Like my mechanic said my truck actually runs great and it does not feel as though its misfiring. But the codes keep popping up.

The donor MAF will be here in afew days, hopfully that clears up some things. I think someone on here relocated the coil pack on their D2....... Never heard the end of the story though.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

How would Fisheh suffer from white guilt? I always assumed he was black...

Old 12-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Your the second person to mention the cam as a potential possibility. Guess there is no real way to test that theory right now but Ill keep it in mind should all else fail. Is it possiable for the system to "think" the engine is misfiring even though its not actually misfiring? Be it a very unlikely scenario? Like my mechanic said my truck actually runs great and it does not feel as though its misfiring. But the codes keep popping up.

The donor MAF will be here in afew days, hopfully that clears up some things. I think someone on here relocated the coil pack on their D2....... Never heard the end of the story though.
I can't find the page but I'm still looking. I recall reading that a very aggressive cam could cause the electronics (knock sensor, principally) to think there was a misfire when there was none. Something along those lines. I was in misfire hell at the time on another engine so I went for a slightly less aggressive cam, still more aggressive than stock.

I can say that even a mildly aggressive cam made the 4.6 feel like a real engine!!!

Quick Reply: The official TRIARII build