Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Eeek....sorry if I scared any one off with that last photo, he's killed others since.....but they're using Yota's down there, no more LR's......sorry.
All animals killed on that ranch are managed, even still..........I'm slightly foggy on the issue's..........just so you know.

When LR owners loose interest with'in South Africa........What's left?

The legacy becomes........................what?.......Hype?.. ...

Thinking going simple over fancy on the tail lights......Over looked the crease in the body panel, could create problems with wrap arounds......gonna keep it simple....

Old 08-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I knew it and was gonna say they use Yota's......... gonna need a 55 gal. drum of cue sauce for that hat rack. Hey, I heard they're looking for TIG welders in S. Africa, pay big money. Any word on that?

The trailer LED slim's like Tom mentioned sounded like a possibility. I had the same problem as you do, got me pulled over once. I snagged a set off a 95 in mint condition and haven't had any problems with em yet. The only problem is I have yellow turn signals on the bumper and red on the tails....... effective but distinctly Polish engineering on my part...... and did I mention lazy? Lazy.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
I knew it and was gonna say they use Yota's......... gonna need a 55 gal. drum of cue sauce for that hat rack. Hey, I heard they're looking for TIG welders in S. Africa, pay big money. Any word on that?

The trailer LED slim's like Tom mentioned sounded like a possibility. I had the same problem as you do, got me pulled over once. I snagged a set off a 95 in mint condition and haven't had any problems with em yet. The only problem is I have yellow turn signals on the bumper and red on the tails....... effective but distinctly Polish engineering on my part...... and did I mention lazy? Lazy.
Good stuff!
He took down 4 other big game animals & just returned to Afghanistan where he's working........One I didn't really approve of.....a Zebra....but it was picked out by the guide due to it's age & being a stag.......A lot of the meat will be donated to local churches & food banks.....I guess it's networked pretty good so nothing goes to waste.

If you want to make good money and not leave the states, Electric Boat in Groton, Connecticut has 35 years of new submarine contracts for the US Govt. and is hiring big time. A guy can retire off that place, have good working conditions, go home at night and enjoy the Rhode Island beaches and night life which is a short drive away.

Lighting........Ugh, hating that damn crease.....unsure how to get around it 'literally'.....the body curve isn't helping either......Need to make a change, but unsure of my direction the more I look at it......

My lower bumper lights.......hell, those connections were rotted off when I got the thing.....booty rigged them, those need to go as well....booty rigging is failing........bumper needs to go so I've been putting it off.

I really need to get my but in gear!
But the way the summer has been, can't take all the blame...

Oh hey.......Question, my shifter won't go beyond drive down to the lower gears, what's the typical cause of something like that? One good night of wheeling and the thing gives me an attitude......it's definitely not of male gender....

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 09-02-2016 at 06:56 AM. Reason: spell.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Camel Trophy

The shifter problem might be cable, shifter stalk detents or trans linkage related. Not had that problem yet..... so those are my guesses of places to look. Might have something binding down yonder if you dragged her through the weeds.

Retire, what a concept........

We just had an overnight low around 50 which feels cold, daytime highs in the 70's for the last couple. Finally, not sweating my nuts off and have a couple of days off with Labor Day.

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well thanks.....it's deff a gate or detent issue.....it goes to drive then hits a wall...
Yes.....retirement is a limited option for most anymore.....
58 this morning here as well!!! Loved it, unfortunately this time around it'll be short lived.
Back in the 90's come Monday/Tuesday.

DAYS OFF??? WTF is that?.......Come on down, we'll do some thrash fabricating!! It's all down hill for you to get here.....not my fault if you leave with death wobble.....Heehee

ihscouts (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Camel Trophy

Gotta be in the shifter, not too hard to get the beauty crap off and take a peek inside, might even be the damn shift interlock getting in the way....(I'll almost bet) or loosening up. If the trans is shifting ok through the gears normally (on it's own) it's gotta be something stupid eh.

Last edited by ihscouts; 09-02-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Detoured Discovey (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Ya know......I keep change in those cups, I call it the Tramps money for the car wash......wonder if a dime fell in there or something while wheeling??...lol, I'll have to take a look! My shifter is wide open by previous owner....

Meanwhile.......Something else has totally blown my mind lately, how the 'f' does a DJ attract this kind of crowd????

I was mixing music for fun well before the internet in the early 80's for keg parties and just for fun.......well before what they have now. Considering a carrier change and moving to Paraguay!!!! I'll need a roady.........Scouts?

ihscouts (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Camel Trophy

I'm up for a scenery change, a wallet makeover and a fun-do party on my naked body. When do we leave?

Coinage in the cup holder, boy it's nice to think about old times........ my cupholders only collect dust from a dirt road.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I say the sooner we leave, the better! Wonder what flights cost.....

Strange thing happened yesterday I for got about..........Finally went to the court house DMV and reregistered the super model, only 3.5 months late...that took about 3 minutes, in and out....love our DMV....$68 dolla's later which covers taxes & registration....botta bing, I guess she's legal again.

Any who, stuck my new sticker on, jumped in, fired her up, put her in drive....stalls out..............couple short tries to refire, notta......put some throttle to her while restarting and bam....off we go.
The odd thing was, she all of a sudden ran like a whole different tramp, better than normal throttle response, banged through the gears up & down like a flippin Indy car........I was almost impressed!

What do you think I woke up, it's been a sluggish terd as of late.
or.....did I just dream this as we slept with the windows open last night....
Reminds me, still need an oil change......

Old 09-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Camel Trophy

In cooler weather the idle will kick up to warm the engine @ 1k or so and then settle at normal. Seems this allows the black box to latch properly. By skinny pedaling it you probably mirrored that and the ECU latched gates properly for once. Engines run better in dense air too, more oxygen to burn.

Detoured Discovey (09-03-2016)

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-