Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by No Doubt
Tractor tires?! Brilliant! Surely that took custom welding and they didn't just bolt on unmodified?
LOL.......3/8" plate bolted to military axles, 4 bolt tractor rim connection and I believe those tires measure 52", something like 6:73 gears in the axles, pinion brakes, V10, all the suspension has been dropped, has about 2 feet of lift, ladder required to get in............I helped work out the front pinion angles two nights ago, it was way off......should do pretty well on the deep end, I think they've trucked in well over 15,000 gallons of water as of yesterday and that continues as I type this.........Giddy up!!

The following users liked this post:
No Doubt (09-24-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well.....as of the 16th, it's been 4 months here in Awesomeville, Maine.
I think she really likes it here....
I don't think she'll pass the inspection for Maine plates.....

On a side note.........

I'm attempting to get my hands on a 1959 International B120 Dually.....
I need a new corn binder in my life.......

Old 11-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee last night, it's a roll'n molotov, has a fuel leak. It's a brand new world, haven't had a Yeep in 20 years. This one is so cushy and soft. The Binder I was eyeball'n left the hood a few weeks ago, either crushed or sold.
RWL, oh boy!

Old 11-19-2017, 10:10 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

" I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee last night, it's a roll'n molotov, has a fuel leak. It's a brand new world, haven't had a Yeep in 20 years. This one is so cushy and soft. The Binder I was eyeball'n left the hood a few weeks ago, either crushed or sold.
RWL, oh boy! "

IDK what it is with the GC but they like to eat the front trackbar(arm) bushings.
Good thing is they are easy to replace & you can get a set MOOG K200863 from RockAuto for less than $15.00 > More Information for MOOG K200863 Or a set of Prothane 1-1205 > https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-1-1205

Old 11-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Camel Trophy

It does like to mozzy between the paint stripes. Me and RA are almost business partners, I'm up to eight tool box magnets now, probably collectable someday. Found my fuel stink reason, pump ring not even on theads and they hacked an access hole below the spare like no other. Gotta love rednecks. I'll highjack Detours thread with a pic.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:40 AM
Camel Trophy

Duh!
Escape route.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I can't see your pic's.
What year GC?

That Binder I'm after is in the middle of a field, but I know it runs & I've known the owner for 30 years up here......I have pic's of it from 25 years ago.....thinking a major lift & drive train transplant.....dunno, she sure is ugly though!! Pulled his 51 out of the woods 25 years ago, she still runs, there's still a 3 door 66 in the woods, but I think it's too far gone, but I also got that one to run 25 years ago.....the bed could be a good donor...who knows!!

Need to work out some tail lights on the Super Model Bimbo......threw out what I made just prior to the move.....I'll find a simpler solution...

Old 11-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Camel Trophy

Pics aren't hosted, direct off my phone to the site. 2001 Laredo, inline six, four speed with select a trac. Bought it off of friends who didn't own it long before they sunk $900 into it for overheating so it has a new intake (cracked) head gasket (head magna fluxed), pump, thermostat and radiator. When it dumped fuel on the ground when Lisa was filling it Rich said he was done with it. He offered it to me for the repair bill - cheap winter beater. I don't have the heart to tell Rich the overheats are because of the fan relay, a $30 dollar part and common with electric fan GC's. Hit the A/C button and you have a fan.

I was cleaning up the interior and removed the spare tire to check it's condition (perfect) and to check the jack and found an access had been hacked above the pump (common Jeep time saver) and the fuel pump wasn't clamped to the tank? Zero pump seal too. Lisa had complained about the fuel smell inside the thing....gee no wonder. There is a pound of dirt in the tank which has 18 gallons in it and the float connection was off which explains why fuel hit the pavement around the tank, it was full already....lol. The pickup sock is the color of dark roast coffee and I don't doubt the inline looks any better. I only wonder how the injectors made it this far.... Rich and Lisa bought it from her cousin, not a cousin I'd want to claim.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I can see it now, changed compukers......that's a WJ.
The head can be an issue for the '01's.....info and casting numbers are all over the web. That hack job is typically done by the unknowing, looking for a quick fix and takes internet advise from 17 year olds kind of Jeeper.......blacking out the base of the vehicle can also ID a young, non-knowing, looking for some sort of 10 dolla upgrade of sorts.....Jeeper type.........Just my experiance.

You can get a lot of miles out of that motor, the tran's can act up around 200K.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:31 PM
Camel Trophy

Thank you, that's good info! It's at 205k. Already have been under it, original everywhere and not rotted through anywhere but the spare tire well. Brakes are excellent, ride is a bit cushy but it handles like it's on rails, shifts are crisp and climbs steep grades like a goat. The motor runs really well over idle, kind of hunting at idle which is more than likely the pump. I'm hoping to run it through this winter and off it, just want it cheaply reliable until the snow melts. I like it enough to look at more of em.

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-