Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

It's paid for.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
It's paid for.
Since 1984, a bank has held paper on only 2 of the..........60 plus vehicles I've owned/bought/traded....(16 were Jeeps).......It got so bad I bought N. Carolina dealer plates thru a friend, of a friend.......of a friend for 3 years...

Out of those many, the question is, how many do I wish I kept???...lol !@!
The 'Binder would have been one of them..........

Anywhoooo.......Switch is ordered!!!!
Now I need to order rear calipers...............E Brake works good for now, so no real hurry......HAA HAA HAAAA, LUCAS DID'NT DO CABLE WORK!!!!

Old 03-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Camel Trophy

Binders have been showing up in the trade rags lately, getting about as rare as Broncos.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Binders have been showing up in the trade rags lately, getting about as rare as Broncos.
There's been numerous out this way, a barn fresh 66, 2 door, 4x4 was just listed local for 6k.......running....doesn't look bad. I checked in on a factory 3 door I got running 25 years ago in the woods on private property.....it's in horrible shape, I'm going to grab the tailgate come spring...

Switch showed up, quick investigation yesterday tells me the steering wheel needs to come off......I swear these vehicles were engineered by idiots.....Oh and I have a 1/2 baked electrical connection.....thank you Mr. Lucas..

Old 03-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

be glad it died before it went fully baked...

Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle

You got THAT right Army, a fuse is supposed to protect the system when a switch fails......obviously Lucas/Rover disagree's with this.....

So I bought a used switch off ebay, $38 bucks shipped, in nice condition.

It's suggested the steering wheel needs to be removed....probably so the service guy can charge you more......it doesn't...

Remove cover to expose switch, and the 2 screws which need to come out.
Turn the TOP of your steering wheel to the 9 o'clock position...
For even better access, remove air bag (2 screws)....you can now unscrew the 2 small retaining screws-

Once screws are removed, get a flat head screw driver and wedge between the retainer and the switch, now simply pull the switch towards you and remove, then remove the 2 wire connection.......reverse to reinstall.

So in the end, the switch was in fact bad and all of the trucks lighting is once again working........So I think this my 3rd electrical/switch connection I've found burned with a failed electrical component......but never a bad fuse, kind of scary if you think about it....

Old 03-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Camel Trophy

Better than roasting marshmallows over a Rover bonfire, you owe me a brewski. Those two spades in the connector are annealed, I'd replace those in the Rovah future......

I just gave the stock Jeep radio an aux jack so I can listen to Pandora. Keep'n it cheap, cost me nothing.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Better than roasting marshmallows over a Rover bonfire, you owe me a brewski. Those two spades in the connector are annealed, I'd replace those in the Rovah future
Funny, some one else just mentioned marshmallows some where else......

If the truck was actually wired correctly from the factory, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.......

Old 03-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Rear calipers showed up finally, Woooo-Whooooo!!

Old 03-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Haven't had a warm enough day to do the rear calipers since they showed up....actually just got a fresh 25" of snow..........But it was warm enough to pull the head lights and go full Eurotrash....lol!!!

In even worse newz.....proving I am in fact an idiot......this may be in my driveway soon......Note the hood in it's intended position.......

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-