Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

Until someone changes a Crank Sensor on a WJ they have not earned my respect at all! 40* would be a heat wave. Your wind (NE) is blowing in my backyard. I've also discovered the achilles heel of the 4.0 - a crappy cooling system that needs a big ol Doug hug. I used Hesco back in the day of dial up, seems they'll be one source of my WJ's rescue, they have some really good ideas I can use......

Old 03-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Was going to ask about the headlight guards the other day, when you added the yellow. They look great.

Brian.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Was going to ask about the headlight guards the other day, when you added the yellow. They look great.

Brian.
Thanks, off sets the yellow nicely..........it's as if she's wearing fishnet stockings.......but hey, if the shoe fits!!!!

Doug.....I've done a few CPS's......nothing 6 feet of extensions on your ratchet won't cure, oh....and lower your tranny mount at the same time.

It's not the 4.0 getting hot, it's the horizontal radiator......you need to flush your system. If the temp sensor is in the rear, top.....burp it there, you can get an air pocket.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Camel Trophy

It needs a flush.....

The block is oil covered so it attracted a nice tar sand coating.

Noticed allot of rust.

So it's gonna get a nice chemical peel, I hob'd out the thermostat housing, it'll get a high flow thermostat (which replaces the original Chrysler t-stat that was installed in 01). I might go with a Flow Cooler pump, I found a pump fin wedged behind the thermostat....... and then I'll just sit down for a minute and take a nap.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle

LOL.....

The oil/grease is part of Jeeps corrosion control system, Grands were typically owned by soccer mom's who did no maintenance, then given to Jr. who knows nothing about maintenance or sold off the front yard for cheap.......it's not the Jeep's fault......

Go with a normal, decent water pump & thermothingy......you should be fine, high flow won't help much if at all........at least you've found warning signs unlike a Rover's which suddenly squeals like pig, eats your belt and falls off... Honestly, that thing isn't known to run hot.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Camel Trophy

I like kitty cats with pointed noses......see em everywhere.

When my Rover's pump took a flop it sounded like a cow pissing on a flat rock, if I could only achieve that flow rate...... anyways....

The gauge said everything was nicey nice, it lied. The motor was nearly so hot I couldn't keep my hand on it. I had the Jeep towed home cuz it killed the Crank Sensor.... again. 1 9th the total purchase price of $900. Wouldn't start in of all places a Walmart parking lot. I'm a people watcher and I saw way too many that need to drink the purple coolaide.

I'm just mopping up somebody else's slop with the Jeep. The garage that my bud took it to said they replaced the t-stat..... yeah, uh huh. I gotta peel off the water pump and take stock of all it's fins....... they said they replaced that too. I'll bet and can't wait. I did find some industrial diesel cooling system flush by the gallon, I'll give that a whirl besides reverse flushing, the Royal Flush. Should poop out everything including the flush handle.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle

42 DEGREE'S.......Wrenches are flying!!

Old 03-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I HAVE BRAKES!!!!! BRAKES!!!!!!!

Previous wheel well repairs are weathering well & intact.......replaced a brake line only cuzz I had it and brought it.........No more neutral,coast - e-brake....What's gonna break/fail next?? Spin the wheel, bet on the deal for big cash fortunes!!!!!

Old 03-27-2018, 06:50 PM
Camel Trophy

So are you all set to become a legal Maine road warrior?

Old 03-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
So are you all set to become a legal Maine road warrior?
BWAAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAHAAA!!!

Your joking right?
They're tough on rust here, even though it's 'Salt Life'.....
Need to do some more rust repair......Once that's done, I'm sure the motor will blow......

Ran out today, sure was nice having a brake pedal!!

Last edited by Detoured Discovey; 03-28-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-