Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Black wheel arches

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black wheel arches

Well I finally found something that works http://www.showcardetailing.com/bw/

Mine were white on top looked terrible 1/2 hour later they looke like brand new ... several rain storms and the trims still beading water, also lasts thru car washes

Old 05-12-2008, 08:18 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Black wheel arches

Does it restore the areas that look gray? Mine are looking rough and if it works i'll be getting some soon, can you find the product at any auto store?

Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Mudding

Mine were white (I think due to wax ) and had a rougher texture (like sanded) They came out like new ... It lasts months so far ...
There are several detailing shops online that sell it , I've never found it at the local parts store ... It's pricey but four drops did the entire truck including the wiper shrouds and bumpers

Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used "Mothers Brand Back to Black".
I also had that problem on the top of the arches where they were white and rough. I suspect this was because someone used a buffer with wax or buffing compound and they roughed up the plastic.

The Back to Black worked out alright for me. The rough areas aren't too forgiving. I tried applying the polish with a cammie cloth and the rough areas sucked pieces of the cloth into it. Not cool.

I suspect the way of getting it into the rough areas would be an old tooth-brush or something.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used this product before. I used the same product of unstable. Should I try this? hmmm... If I can buy it on a local store maybe yes.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

the trim fade is from the sun, not from waxing =( land rover should have recalled this. - it happens of every discovery over 100k miles. im going to try a back to black thing from my local fleet farm, if that dosent last/work ill try this BW stuff, if that dosent work its the body shop for all new paint trim. (i know a body shop owner who drives a disco and did it) $150 though.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Mudding

My rover had under 20k when it started , always garaged and waxed weekly detailed monthly , I blamed the detailer

Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SEM paint products has a number of colors of flexible bumper paint. Black satin works best on these. I have seen em on every customers Disco that comes in to the shop. The ONLY common denominator is that it's the component, not wax, sun or anything else. If you usethe SEM paint youll be pleased. I always start with a quick masking of the paint, then use some lacquer thinner with a rag. Given the rough texture, its great at taking the paint. BUT, prep is everything, make sure to use an adhesion promotor which only needs minutes to set and is like putting a bonding agent on the component before the paint is applied. I have had mine like this for a year and use a steam pressure washer when washing my rig. No loss of paint, no peeling and it stays well. Another benefit, you don't have to mix a catalyst, have a spray gun OR anything else. It comes in a can and I use it on lots of vehicles. Goodluck