Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   95 Build update! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/95-build-update-35995/)

ColoDisco 11-23-2010 12:55 PM

95 Build update!

9 Attachment(s)
So I have not really posted everything I have done since September.
Here is the latest:

-Installed new flex joint (re: pita sheath bearing in rear drive shaft)
-Drained and filled all 3 diffs with 80-90 gear oil for 1000 miles to clean out gook. Drained and refilled all 3 with 85-140w and all 3 with BG additives.
-Installed a new CB radio with antenna
-Installed new iPhone 4 holder on dash
-Installed 4 new BFG MT KM2 245/75/16 tires. Little rub but otherwise excellent tires! ;)
-Installed new sliders from trailgear. Welded right to the frame. Painted with POR 15 and added non skid tape to tops.
-Installed Bull bar and modified it for better approach angle
-Flushed transmission with filter
-Installed new coolant resevoir. Leaking from plastic weld seam.
-Installed euro spec clear side markers on fender.
-Installed flashlight to back door deleting the map pocket.

Here are some pics!
Attachment 46271
Attachment 46272
Attachment 46273
Bull Bar pre and post modification
Attachment 46274
Attachment 46275
Sliders pre and post install
Attachment 46276
Attachment 46277

Truck in her current configuration (minus clear side markers, did those right after this pic):
Attachment 46278
Attachment 46279

Coming soon:
2" lift
Fog lights front and rear
Front winch bumper
Rear bumper work, not replacing, modifying.
Sandblast roof rack and POR 15
Winch
New Headlights with guards
New front corner lights, clear
Rear taillight guards
All hopefully complete by May. :)

Danny Lee 97 Disco 11-23-2010 01:44 PM

Looks Great. I really like the modified Bull Bar. Nice rack too. Good job. Like the looks of those tires as well.

Long Haul 11-23-2010 10:14 PM

Truck looks good. Im curious that you say the sliders weld onto the frame?? Do they bolt to the bottom of the door sills also? Ive been looking to add frame braces to mine im just not sure how I want to do it just yet... If you have any more pics I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

llesra 11-23-2010 10:26 PM

where in colorado are you?

Spencerfitch 11-24-2010 07:17 AM

How's the cb? And what type/length antenna?

ColoDisco 11-24-2010 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Long Haul (Post 210809)
Truck looks good. Im curious that you say the sliders weld onto the frame?? Do they bolt to the bottom of the door sills also? Ive been looking to add frame braces to mine im just not sure how I want to do it just yet... If you have any more pics I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

The trailgear ones were built for Toyota I picked the 67" ones which needed 1" cut off both ends. They come with the extensions to reach the frame then you have to buy the gussets for $20 more. Total cost of the sliders was $160 with free shipping from davez offroad performance. A member of my 4x4 club is a fabber so he installed them. I will get some better under truck shots. I did not go with the bolt ons as I wanted a sturdier armor to protect the body.

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch (Post 210828)
How's the cb? And what type/length antenna?

I bought the 5' firestick fiberglass, added on a quick disconnect, spring, universal mount, and 16' coax. All by firestick. Funny the CB cost $40 and the antenna cost $95. ;)

Originally Posted by llesra (Post 210811)
where in colorado are you?

Littleton. Funny but most people do not list where they live in their profile. Mine is listed on every post I make.

llesra 11-24-2010 06:56 PM

haha so it is...

Spencerfitch 11-24-2010 07:04 PM

its been my goal most of my life to get out of HELL-ziana and I have been applying EVERYWHERE up there as an electrician. Well Im taking my first vacation and going up there with my soon to be fiance. Were going to winter park colorado. I CANT wait to see snow and feel some cool weather. Oh and see a hill or two. I only wish I could bring my rover. but the trip would take too long.

Let me get to the point.. Can I come live with you?

ColoDisco 11-26-2010 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch (Post 210961)
its been my goal most of my life to get out of HELL-ziana and I have been applying EVERYWHERE up there as an electrician. Well Im taking my first vacation and going up there with my soon to be fiance. Were going to winter park colorado. I CANT wait to see snow and feel some cool weather. Oh and see a hill or two. I only wish I could bring my rover. but the trip would take too long.

Let me get to the point.. Can I come live with you?

Well, we hadn't thought about adopting, but since you brought it up. We have a few questions. Are you house broken? Exactly how much do you eat? And finally, what skills do you bring to the party? :D

Jull 11-26-2010 08:02 AM

Spence, if you want to freeze your arse off Canada's the way to go. Where I live we had -15 Celcius this week, and today it's snowing.