Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

96 Disco No start help

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

No check engine light right? Have you checked the signal line connector for the coils yet? It's near the fuel pressure regulator. There is also a fuse to check, F3 20A in Satellite Fuse Box 1, that ties to the coils, it's the red wire in the connector. You mention no spark but the CkPS is showing good. I would be sure the connection between the coils and ECM was good before assuming the ECM itself is roasted. The stick/auto ECM doesn't matter, they interchange and it did work. Gotta be something simple and electrical, always is.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:16 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
No check engine light right? Have you checked the signal line connector for the coils yet? It's near the fuel pressure regulator. There is also a fuse to check, F3 20A in Satellite Fuse Box 1, that ties to the coils, it's the red wire in the connector. You mention no spark but the CkPS is showing good. I would be sure the connection between the coils and ECM was good before assuming the ECM itself is roasted. The stick/auto ECM doesn't matter, they interchange and it did work. Gotta be something simple and electrical, always is.
I have no check engine light on. F3 in satellite 1 was checked and was good. I am also not able to power on my obd2 scanner. I do have chassis and signal ground and battery voltage at the dlc plug. I was able to confirm signal from ecm to coils with voltage. I would also add that i do not have a tach signal while cranking either.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

F2 10A in Satellite Fuse Box 2 is power to the Data Link Connector (OBDII port) and I've had a blown fuse there on a few occasions. Tach signal is derived from the alternators voltage regulator "D+" terminal. How do the pins and female sockets look on the ECM and connector, any corrosion there?

Old 04-20-2019, 06:20 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
F2 10A in Satellite Fuse Box 2 is power to the Data Link Connector (OBDII port) and I've had a blown fuse there on a few occasions. Tach signal is derived from the alternators voltage regulator "D+" terminal. How do the pins and female sockets look on the ECM and connector, any corrosion there?
All of the fuses in satellite 2 checked out okay. The ecm connectors and ecm itself looked okay but were still cleaned a while ago along with the security box and its connectors.

im also not sure what this yellow relay in the passenger side footwell fender does. I can see it arcing inside while cranking.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PanicInTheDisco
Yeah i said i changed the crankshaft sensor and used an automotive fluke meter to check the waves and voltage. Im also pretty sure the fuel temps sensor isnt on the same circuit as the injector/coil trigger wires.
Sorry I meant cam position sensor.