Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Alright boys 3 inch suspension lift time cheapest price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright boys 3 inch suspension lift time cheapest price?

Alright. I'm not a mudder and never will be I live in the city but love the look of a land rover with a 3 inch lift and 265 tires. Can someone point me in the direction of the cheaper ones since I'm not using it for off roading. I am on a budget so shoot me some cheap ideas

Old 07-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

You don't need 3" of lift to run 265/75/16.
Anyways, $70 worth of aluminum rod and a band saw will get you the cheap-*** lift. Don't even bother with shocks.
Order Aluminum 6061 Round in Small Quantities at OnlineMetals.com
Otherwise, Justin had 3" RTE springs for $300. Then you're looking at another $300 for shocks.
Of course a 3" lift is going to jack up your driveline too. But who wants cares about front driveshafts, radius arms, trailing arms, castor, pinion angle, etc when you're big pimpin' in the city?
You should probably talk to these guys.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/3057292151.html

Last edited by fishEH; 07-07-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Three Wheeling

Ouch man that hurts. I'm sorry I like the way a 3 inch lift looks like on my car. Not everyone on the site is climbing rocks. Some of us just have a love for land rovers

Old 07-07-2012, 02:52 AM
Three Wheeling
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfcoastgorilla
Ouch man that hurts. I'm sorry I like the way a 3 inch lift looks like on my car. Not everyone on the site is climbing rocks. Some of us just have a love for land rovers

If you have love for your land rover...no 3" body lift...seriously...it looks stupid and ghetto

Old 07-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Can you say, "JUNK"!, that is what you saw.
If you want a cheap do the Terra Firma kit, as long as you are not going to do any serious wheeling.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Do some research OP. You'll learn that a 3" suspension lift on these vehicles is much more involved than on other vehicles. You'll create much more headache for yourself by throwing on just springs (or 2" springs and 1" spacers) - you'll find your street queen will wander at highway speeds due to the poor caster angle created by 3" of suspension lift. Many tolerate it - it's for you to decide. Oh, and the vibrations created by the altered driveline angles may drive you nuts - again, something for you to decide. If you decide you neither like the wandering or the vibrations, then you'll have to dig deeper to address these issues.

Your ride - throw on a 3" body lift for that true poser image. You'll leave no doubt for those who see your ride that you are in it for the looks and not the purpose. Another problem you create with such a huge body lift is raising that center of gravity and expecting the stock suspension components to handle it. It may or may not become a bobblehead of a ride on the road - all depends on your comfort level in the seat of your pants. Once again, if you don't like how wobbly it feels, now you're digging back into the wallet to address it.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Those provide only 2" of suspension lift.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Truth hurts sometimes, and I speak it. I think you realized that as now you're looking at a 2" lift. You could get the same 2" aluminum pucks already cut for about $55.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking into cheaper 2"lifts, as the only real off roading I will do is driving on the beach, maybe snow here is NJ. TerraFirma shocks for about $180 and Terrafirma light duty springs for around $220. I don't think you can get cheaper then $400 without encountering negative issues. The spacer idea is tempting, but there is too much negative feedback, and quite frankly seems a little ghetto. I am new to LR and 4x4 in general, I plan to go with the set up I mentioned at the end of the month, I could let you know how it goes. Good luck

Quick Reply: Alright boys 3 inch suspension lift time cheapest price?