Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Alright boys 3 inch suspension lift time cheapest price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am on a budget so shoot me some cheap ideas .

Go ahead and dress it up with a biggass lift and get some killer rims as well. That will make it sell quicker when you put it on Craig's List after you cook the motor.

Then the next owner can join the forum to find out how to fix the real problems after you spend your limited funds on looks and ignore the real issues you have with it.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I have decided to try the 2 inch coil spacer and if I hate the ride it gives me then just go terrafirma coils and springs.
Thank you for everyones input. I do see that the 3 in lift does need alot more work that I'm not willing to do.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I am on a budget so shoot me some cheap ideas .

Go ahead and dress it up with a biggass lift and get some killer rims as well. That will make it sell quicker when you put it on Craig's List after you cook the motor.

Then the next owner can join the forum to find out how to fix the real problems after you spend your limited funds on looks and ignore the real issues you have with it.
I am addressing all issues at one. I've put alot of time and energy into the rover. It is my second car. Basically pulls a boat in and out of the water. And as far as cooking the engine I am taking every proper precaution. There is no reason to be rude.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^curious to see how it works out for you, please report back.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello I would like to add a 7" lift to my disco in the cheapest way possible. What do you guys recommend?

By the way I plan to tow my speed boat and street race with this land rover

thank you

Old 07-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfcoastgorilla
I am addressing all issues at one. I've put alot of time and energy into the rover. It is my second car. Basically pulls a boat in and out of the water. And as far as cooking the engine I am taking every proper precaution. There is no reason to be rude.
Ok it all seriousness... Is it going to also pull a boat down the road?

2" lift spacers on a worn out coil sprung disco is raising the center of gravity and the coils and shocks are likely already shot.

Call Justin at Lucky 8 and get Terrafirma HD kit if you are going to tow this boat or anything else often.

It will save you from ending up on the ditch with your rover and boat

Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Gorilla, if you absolutely have to have the cheapest UKoffroad on Dweb is selling that RoversNorth spacer kit for $40 shipped. You won't find anything cheaper than that.
DiscoWeb Message Boards

Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Yes I am pulling a 23 foot boat in and out of the water with it. I just decided to go two in spacer that I showed earlier. If I don't feel comfortable with it then I'll buy 2 inch lifted coil springs. Last question. No I need extended shocks if I get the two inch coil spring set?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfcoastgorilla
Yes I am pulling a 23 foot boat in and out of the water with it. I just decided to go two in spacer that I showed earlier. If I don't feel comfortable with it then I'll buy 2 inch lifted coil springs. Last question. No I need extended shocks if I get the two inch coil spring set?
The set I linked to above your last post is the same set you were originally looking at but at less than half the price.
As far as shocks the effective travel of your front shocks will remain unchanged due to the bottom mount being on the spring perch which will be lifted 2". The rear will have 2" less downtravel since the shock mount positions remain unchanged, whether you use spacers or springs.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Three Wheeling

Sorry to be an idiot but are you saying I need to buy new shocks. I have newer shocks on them but they are standard size

Quick Reply: Alright boys 3 inch suspension lift time cheapest price?