Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

coolant tank leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have not already, Download the RAVE. I printed a large portion of it and put it in three ring binders with dividers. I also print whatever task I am doing and use it as a worksheet. I started keeping the signed off copies along with receipts for the parts to sort of keep up with what I have done and if the parts do have any warranty or such, I got everything associated with it together in a separate binder. Makes it all a lot simpler. Also take pics as you go, before , during and after major steps to use as a reference.

I did not always do this, but I have started that on this one. I figure on keeping this one a while. I bought an original 1973 Mustang El Grande that the original owner worked for NASA and he had a logbook that showed each and every adjustment and replacement. He would even record things like: Turned carb idle screw 1/4 turn clockwise. Dated it and signed it.

At the time I worked as a Manufacturing Engineer then a Reliability Engineer on the Cruise Missile Program, so I was accustomed to detailed work instructions ans signed off documentation. I don't go to that extreme, but I do try to keep up with it.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 10-02-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a fantastic idea. I have many leaks that I need to fix. Oil and p.s. I am going to try the stop leak from shepherd I think that is what its called for p.s. thanks Danny lee