Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

De-computerize

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Winching
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah for sure, I've been reading forums about high idle issues for a while now but the vehicle speed sensor might be helpful. Thanks for suggesting that I'll certainly research into that. Do you happen to know how to reset the adaptive memory by any chance though?

Old 10-25-2017, 06:41 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr4x4
To knbaudio what exactly is a fuel pump sensor unit. I have the same exact issues with the high idle and hard starting and have now ended up extending the idle air control valve to it's longest position and reinstalled it but left it unplugged. This fixes the high idle but the truck wont always start quickly. Advice would be appreciated thanks.
Fuel pump sender

Old 10-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah for sure, I've been reading forums about high idle issues for a while now but the vehicle speed sensor might be helpful. Thanks for suggesting that I'll certainly research into that. Do you happen to know how to reset the adaptive memory by any chance though?
https://discoweb.org/showthread.php?...39#post1051439

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...acement-83233/

Old 11-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

quick 2 bits... my first d1 had bad high idle and found that changing everything did nothing unless you get it to a shop with a test book to reset values. ESPECIALLY if you are replacing a tps or idle air control ...it was a must do no way around it, at least in my case.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Winching

Yeah same here replaced iac tps maf sensor, vss, and more but have not fixed the weird idling. Only thing I've found is to bypass the iac by taking it out and moving it to it's furthest position and then putting it back in but not plugging it back in. Would like to have the ECU set the right way though, should I take it to a dealer or an lr independent shop? Thanks.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah same here replaced iac tps maf sensor, vss, and more but have not fixed the weird idling. Only thing I've found is to bypass the iac by taking it out and moving it to it's furthest position and then putting it back in but not plugging it back in. Would like to have the ECU set the right way though, should I take it to a dealer or an lr independent shop? Thanks.

You just bumped a memory cell i have failed to kill yet.. I do remember reading something about the IAC being moved from its "correct metered " position as being the reason for the test book to get all the ducks back in a row.

Any shop that has a Land Rover test book should be able to get those defaults reset in literally seconds for the min shop charges (providing they have done it before)

The worst part is have to have the faith you have solved the original issue when you go in, otherwise it is a wasted cost. Only one way to find out - sorry and good luck

Old 11-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by rickroverover
You just bumped a memory cell i have failed to kill yet.. I do remember reading something about the IAC being moved from its "correct metered " position as being the reason for the test book to get all the ducks back in a row.

Any shop that has a Land Rover test book should be able to get those defaults reset in literally seconds for the min shop charges (providing they have done it before)

The worst part is have to have the faith you have solved the original issue when you go in, otherwise it is a wasted cost. Only one way to find out - sorry and good luck

Yeah that makes sense I'll probably try Miami British, (my local rover shop) to see if they have the testbook to reset it, thanks for the advice though.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

If you look up a few posts someone linked to a program I wrote that resets the adaptive values. The required obd2 connector is probably going to be cheaper than a shop

The following users liked this post:
mr4x4 (11-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts
Old 11-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Winching

Thank you so much ihscouts that forum ought to be a sticky, well time for me to buy an obdlink sx lol 😎