Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

HI Need a ECU

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI Need a ECU

I have a 98 dis took it to the dealer my ceu is done they put in one of theres and it ran perfectly so i know it done i live in toronto does anybody have one for sale and what do i need to do once i get i new one the dealer said that it might not start because you half to do something to it first i forgot what he said but i need one a number or a site that can help
Thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Going used...
Roverguy.com - Will Tillery. Check and see if he has one. If he does, his prices are very fair and when I've used him he has gotten them to me far earlier than anticipated. If he doesn't have one, look into PTSchram or Paul Grant.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loveoffroading
I have a 98 dis took it to the dealer my ceu is done they put in one of theres and it ran perfectly so i know it done i live in toronto does anybody have one for sale and what do i need to do once i get i new one the dealer said that it might not start because you half to do something to it first i forgot what he said but i need one a number or a site that can help
Thanks
I was advised that I need a DCU as well, but I don't think that you can just get one from another vehicle. According to the dealership, the DCU's are VIN specific. So, the only way for you to have a fully functioning one is by buying through them.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a site I use alot to find used parts: Search Results

As far as it working: I have seen some that swap out ecu's and they run just fine, and others have had to take the new-used one to the dealer to have all the adaptive memory erased because the ecu thought it was still in the old vehicle it came out of.

Check with your dealer and see if they will deal with that, as I have heard some dealers wont touch it as soon as you say you threw in a used ecu.