Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

just some pictures of mountains and a green rover

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just some pictures of mountains and a green rover

no tech questions, no broken parts, no unsolved rover mysteries.... just some pictures of a rover and some mountains.

wanted to take it for a test drive after doing all the maintenance stuff and installing the cb, redoing the headliner and repainting the roof, just to make sure nothing shook off of it on gravel roads

rest of the pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/valveco...7627679472205/

my apologies in advance if the forum doesnt auto resize for your viewing window...
enjoy!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

you could probably push out that dent in your bumper end cap if you took it off and pushed from the inside. Really nice photos.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:13 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

GREAT PICTURES. And, GREAT looking truck (that is one of my favorite colors on a Disco and I think I stumbled accross that one for sale a little while back on Craigslist?)

-----------------

NOW on a more serious note, I see your WA tags, but I don't recall getting a phone call from you to go Rovering! What gives?!?! haha

Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Great refreshing pictures! Very much looking forward to doing the same when my engine rebuild is done.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
GREAT PICTURES. And, GREAT looking truck (that is one of my favorite colors on a Disco and I think I stumbled accross that one for sale a little while back on Craigslist?)

-----------------

NOW on a more serious note, I see your WA tags, but I don't recall getting a phone call from you to go Rovering! What gives?!?! haha

im quite certain you did see it on CL, as i bought it from a girl on the peninsula in late july i think. it was on CL for about 20 hours before i grabbed it
has all records since new, the original owners held on to it for a long time then apparently sold it to one of her neighbors who was a rover guy. it sat around for a long time before she got it, cleaned it up (was full of sand from their trips to the baja in it), then realized a couple months later she couldnt afford to fill it up! hah

haha and yes this was an impromptu trip to twin lakes near mt baker.
i hope to make it further south during the winter to do some boarding once the snow actually starts flying...

Originally Posted by EricTyrrell
Great refreshing pictures! Very much looking forward to doing the same when my engine rebuild is done.

thanks, and the idea here was to offset the time spent removing/installing the headliner, doing the Cb install, crawling under the truck doing all the fluids, and actually use the damn thing for a few hours! hah i think ive still logged more hours working on it than i have using it, but im sure thatll change quickly once we get some snow in the mountains.

Last edited by ValveCoverGasket; 10-06-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey, nice pics and I love the color as well. Much prettier than the standard White like I have. I want a nice blue one and a red one as well.

Ok, now that you mastered the gravel roads and it did not fall apart, it is time to get off the roads and do the trails, that is where they really do outshine the other 4 by 4's the best. Go out in those mountains, drive across a few creeks and out the other side. Really enjoy the CDL ( I trust it works?)

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 10-06-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Winching

CDL does work, and yeah im looking forward to some more challenging terrain for sure

Old 10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics! Thats a ling way from $hitCago.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you the the antenna mounted to and do you have a part number? I'm looking for something like that. Very nice Rig.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Winching

antenna is mounted to the spare tire carrier and has a separate ground with run into where the passenger side tailight ground stud is. everything is run through the factory wiring pass thru to the rear door. i added that ground wire because the grounding through the hinges was marginal at best, and i figured while i was in there...
reception and clarity are great!

i have some pictures of the CB and install on my home computer i can link to tonight...

i got all the gear for the cb and antenna at right channel radios. really good customer service. be sure to buy an SWR meter also if you dont know of anyone local that can help you with tuning it. takes only a few minutes and will help protect things.
also be sure to get the spring for the antenna mount so you can smack it into stuff without breaking it.

the antenna is a 5 (or maybe 6?) foot firestick. and it comes with all the mounting base brackets and hardware. you can find it on right channel's website, its the firestick single antenna kit
i actually sent in shots of the install of the cb and antenna into their customer service guy because they encourage folks to send them shots of the products in action.

Quick Reply: just some pictures of mountains and a green rover