Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Morning Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Did you look at the fuel feed line from the filler door to the tank?

If you got no hiss, you got a leak somewhere or very weak pump. With my new filler hose and new fuel pump assembly I get one hell of a hiss anytime I crack open the gas cap. Lasts for several seconds. But I also have a new cap, due to driving off and leaving mine behind one day.

I don't know how the IACV could contribute to that, but I don't know everything so.................................
I agree, it seems wrong that I don't get the big hiss. The fuel feed line looks caked with road grime, but I don't see any sort of obvious leaks. I'll have to keep searching.

Btw, the truck fired up immediately (turned the key without waiting for the pump) this morning, with zero hesitation. I remain skeptical that the problem is solved, but we'll see as the temps get cooler here over the next month.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Hey leaky, I just noticed your sig. My wife has an '03 Saab 9-3 Linear. Sorry to be off subject, I just noticed it and thought I would throw that out there. My wife loves hers. Thank God it has ran every time my Disco has grenaded. Have the jeep now too.
My wife loves hers as well. It has its quirks, too, but I don't worry about it leaving me stranded--something always in the back of my mind while driving the Rover.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
Are you loosing any coolant?

Have you tried turning the key on and waiting 5 seconds and then repeating it 3 more times?

If you don't drive it much, the fuel could be going stale.
Definitely no coolant loss. Head gaskets replaced about a year ago. I was losing it then.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by LeakyDisco
My wife loves hers as well. It has its quirks, too, but I don't worry about it leaving me stranded--something always in the back of my mind while driving the Rover.

You can always throw a bike or a small scooter in the back of the Disco for emergency transport.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
You can always throw a bike or a small scooter in the back of the Disco for emergency transport.
Forget the scooter and pack these... http://www.footlocker.com/product/mo...YWORD%20SEARCH

Old 09-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Forget the scooter and pack these... http://www.footlocker.com/product/mo...YWORD%20SEARCH
Without meaning to sound like that member that posts nothing more than shoe advertisements, here is what I have worn for the past 5 years, and nothing else (I know how that sounds; get your minds out of the gutter; I mean I haven't worn anything else on my feet):

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:50602/I/12003

Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The scooter would be a lot quicker than either pair of shoes.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
Without meaning to sound like that member that posts nothing more than shoe advertisements, here is what I have worn for the past 5 years, and nothing else (I know how that sounds; get your minds out of the gutter; I mean I haven't worn anything else on my feet):

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:50602/I/12003
Damn you making my work boot shopping easy...I am in need of new boots for work and I like to wear hiking type boots for some ankle support but yet low enough so I can work the gas/brake and jump in and out of the van quickly and unencumbered.
I think I found my boots.
I just need to make damn sure they are water proof.
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...50601/I/12128#
And that they will last longer than 6 months.
The only pair of boots I have had that lasted longer than that was a pair of Teva's that I got for free from a Land Rover promo.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I keep this in the back of mine...

Name:  IMG00081-20100804-1934.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  118.5 KB

Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL Okdisco. That was funny.

Spike, you know I am a paramedic and we are notorious for trashing boots. I have only had one pair that lasted longer than 6 months and that is the pair I am currently wearing. They are Doc Martin slip ons with a composite "steel" toe so they are lighter than a regular steel toe. I have had them a year and they still look great. I don't see them wearing out any time soon. I paid 80 bucks for them at Academy. They have composite shanks for ankle support. I realize you may not like slip ons at all but they are an awesome boot. Zippers and laces never last longer than 3 months for me so thats why I had to go to a slip on. Anyway, just thought I would throw that out for you since this thread turned into a work shoe thread lol.

Quick Reply: Morning Starting Issue