Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

New chapter in the automotive book of life.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Not parting out. Selling as a whole vehicle. The reverse lights are on top of the rear pillars. Not in the tail light housing. I dont think what im asking is at all overpriced. Look at what your getting.

2" OME lift. 800
Nice tires and wheels.
Parts.
Nice sound system.
Running motor, Running tranny
CDL
Good doors and rear panels.
New Rear spindle, Two timken bearings and rear seals!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, I mis-interpreted "parts car."

Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

I'll just say the last DI I bought for parts, the guy drove to me. Four crisp one hundred dollar bills and he was on his way home in his friends car. Granted, the '97 had a little more mileage (I'll cover that in a moment) but still, it was a complete truck with no damage.

On the mileage, I bought a 1994 (granted, it's a few years older) SE7 with 86K on it last fall for $500. It was so clean and rust free I decided to keep it for myself. It came with receipts for thousands of dollars in recent work from brakes to a new radiator to exhaust to tires. It had a brand new brush bar, brand new roof rack and numerous boxes of new parts in the cargo area. I sold off parts I didn't need, sold the roof rack and brush bar. In the end, I am over $700 in the plus column and it's my daily driver with just over 93K now.

$1500 is on the high side, coming from someone who has bought over 100 DI's and RRC's in the last five year.

Then again, how does that saying go; there's an *** for every seat???

Old 08-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skatelove303
Well guys, It looks like the chapter "Land Rover" has come to end, Tonight the front end of my 1998 Land Rover Discovery had a little game of chicken on Highway 285 and Won, But not without becoming Totaled in the process.

I was doing 60MPH passing a van in the left lane and right as i got beside the van, The deer proceeded to jump from the median in front of my vehicle and thats when it happened. The deer was instantly exploded, And i pulled over to loaf n jug... She now sits overnight, Smashed waiting to be towed.

So i guess what this is, If your interested in a parts car 1998 Land Rover discovery, With OME 2" Lift Shocks and Heavy duty springs, Aftermarket deck, Aftermarket speakers, After market Subwoofers, Custom jumpseat replacement fabbed in Sub box on each side, Comes with unpainted push bar, pair of Bright PIAA reverse lights in back, New serp belt, Comes with 2 timken bearings, a rear spindle and axle seal, Have original book, window sticker, Somewhat of a record of service, New Prostart battery.

NO GRILL, NO FRONT BUMPER, NO HEADLIGHTS, NO FRONT DIRECTIONALS, NO HEADLIGHT TRIM, NO HOOD, NO PLASTIC FRONT, NO RADIATOR, NO CORE SUPPORT BRACKET, NO FAN OR FAN MOTOR.

Miles on the truck are at 84K, Id be willing to let everything goes for 1500OBO

1998 Land Rover Discovery LIFTED (Damaged)
What about rear seats/front seats?????? I would like to buy them! What color are they? What shape are they in?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by honda50r
Oh, I mis-interpreted "parts car."
Looks like I commented to quickly... I did the same. D: Well if I only lived closer to Denver I'd buy it... But I am 8hrs away..

Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I bought a '95 that a guy drove home and parked in his yard, it sat for over a year, paid $600.
Took the ARB winch bumper and newer radiator and swapped with my OEM bumper and old radiator.
Then sold the truck for $600.
After sitting under a pine tree for over a year with half a tank of gas, gave it a jump start and drove it 60 miles home no problem.
If you want to recup the money for you high end stereo and sub woofer etc. you need to remove it and sell it to a non Rover person.
Rover people are not thumping stereo guys.
They care more about keeping the truck running than listening to the radio.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some people think that just because they threw away a lot of their money on a "nice" stereo system and spent good money on a lift that somehow those very items retained their full retail value that he spent.

Little do they realize that recouping ten cents on the dollar is much more realistic.

Like I said, 1500 for a wreck is way too much for me to even consider.

Paul, if you decide to sell the 94, please let me know.

Maybe in the High Country of Denver, with the thin air, he must believe 1500 is fair! After all, it is Denver! The Mike High City, where everything is way overpriced.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Drifting

All the more reason to have a serious brush guard. I was working a accident scene invovling a Landy and I saw first hand what a brush guard would protect. The landy had no serious damage but the sedan it hit was complete loss. Almost had to bring out the spreaders to get the person out.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's still running and the frame is straight I think 1k-1.2k is fair. Some front end parts from the junk yard and she'd be up and running again. For somebody with a shot engine rover get this one and use the other for a donor for this one. Skates disco has had a lot of work and a lot of the typical issues with a used or wrecked rover are taken care of. This isn't your typical 500 wreck. Good luck skate. If I had the money and time I would give you 1200 and have a new toy. Glad you're alright.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At 60 mph collision with a deer, it is doubtful the Disco still has a straight frame. I would assume the airbag also deployed.

The truck has been totaled has it not? R Title, right? Insurance paid you off, right?

To me, it ain't worth much at all. I guess next you'll tell us how nice the paint job was?

So how much does having the original window sticker add to a totaled out wreck?

Not like it is a rare show car being auctioned by Barrets.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 09-02-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: New chapter in the automotive book of life.