Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

painted my roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default painted my roof

Name:  IMAG0177.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  115.6 KB

I'm gonna paint the rails back black when I do the window trim, also thinking of doing the hood like the blackout kits but with the tan. What you think?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go all the way, desert camo!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I want a Desert digital camo truck SOOOOO bad. I think it would look super bad *** if you went the whole way. Quality looks good. Good lines etc from what I can see

Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ps, back when I was in the army I had a 78 trans-am we took to the motor pool one day and painted jungle camo. It looked pretty bad ***. Lol

Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Haha. I have a 79 trans Am parts car and an 81 formula firebird I'm trying to restore too. I love those cars. They'd look even cooler if I let tweak paint them.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Pro Wrench

Well I've entertained the thought of doing the whole thing tan with a white star on the doors but I'm not sure. My wife already says I'm turning into a redneck, getting into four wheeling, fishing and wanting a gun.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Pro Wrench

As far as quality, I try not to do anything if I can't do a good job at it, other than sex lol, but I pride myself at being pretty good at working with my hands. I can usually handle the little projects that require a little more patience and attention to detail. It took more time to prep it than the actual painting, a clean job is the diff between having a custom painted roof and having a roof that some redneck spray painted, know what I mean?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Is that what you did? Sanded, taped and rattle can'ed it? Seal it after?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What,s Wrong With Being A REDNECK

Originally Posted by tweakrover
Well I've entertained the thought of doing the whole thing tan with a white star on the doors but I'm not sure. My wife already says I'm turning into a redneck, getting into four wheeling, fishing and wanting a gun.

Just start watching Jeff Foxworthy and his CREW so you learn right as you go.

"If your vehicle is a Camo'd Rover, You might be a REDNECK."

"If you ever been too drunk to fish, you might be a redneck."

If most of your friends start their stories with " And this is no B/S, She really did....." you might be a BIG REDNECK....

REDNECK DICTIONARY: Asinine: I'd give her face a 5, but her *** a 9.

WIDCHADIDCHA: You brought your truck widchadidcha?

Hell even the PGA has a Resident Redneck: BOO Weekley, when asked what he thought about playing at Saint Andrews, the home of Golf, replied; "I always thought my place was the Home Of Golf, I never even heard of Saint Andrews, who was he?"

Old 05-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speaking of the TransAm, when my wife and were first dating, her mother offered her a Brand New 1978 TransAm Black with the Gold Eagle on the hood if she would dump me. I told her to go ahead and take the Trans Am, wait about 6 months and drive it from Pittsburgh down to Georgia, I always wanted one of them. She refused to do that to her mother and we drove her 1966 Chrsyler NewPort with the 383 in it from Pittsburgh to Georgia. We traveled about three to four hours a day down Highway 41 South, stopped off at all the tourist attractions, stayed in a log cabin in a State Park for a couple of days unplanned, and took a week or so to get down there.

She turned down the Trans Am to be with me, that was 33 years ago and we are still together. Every time I see one of those TA's I feel like I owe her one. I actually bought her a 1986 Black Porsche 928 for our 25th anniversary, then took it away from her a few weeks later for smoking in it and messing it up inside. It only had 50k on it when I bought it for her. I enjoyed driving it to work on the nice mornings. I would leave the house an hour early just to take the back roads with no traffic at sunup. That thing was a blast to drive on winding hilly roads.

Quick Reply: painted my roof