Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

painted my roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Speaking of Trans Ams and Firebirds...the last dealership I worked at had a mullet wig hanging on the wall. Anytime you had to work on a Trans Am, Firebird or V6 Camaro, you had to wear the mullet to be 'at one with' the vehicle...

Old 05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Haha. That's hilarious. Even though my firebird is apart, every time I walk past it I just want to rip the sleeves off my shirt and blast some reo speedwagen. They're so 80s muscle it's hhilarious. I like the 79-81 nose a bit more than the 78 and earlier though.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I used 3 cans of the flat camo paint, also draped plastic over the whole truck to keep it from getting covered in overspray.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

So I guess with that you don't want to clear coat it right? I don't know s* about painting. I got a headlight finisher from AB and it came in primer. So I was gonna just grab a rattle can of Forrest green and a clear coat can and just try to match the Epsom as best as possible. The tarp for overspray is a good idea. How'd you prep it? Regular sanding?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakrover
Well I've entertained the thought of doing the whole thing tan with a white star on the doors but I'm not sure. My wife already says I'm turning into a redneck, getting into four wheeling, fishing and wanting a gun.

Sooooooo your turning into an American? LOL. Nothing wrong with Guns, Fishing, and fourwheeling brother.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Turf before painting I used 400 grit sand paper just to give it some texture for the paint to stick

AK I know there is nothing wrong with them she just picks with me cause it seems that I've gotten into all these things recently. But I am trying to avoid making my truck look tacky. Oh I forgot the paint matches the desert camo tire cover I picked up at the army surplus for $4 a while back. I'll get a pic later

Old 05-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle

You do live in the south... just sayin!

I own guns, have a white rover but will never paint it desert camo. Why? Cause I live in the rockies! Regular camo!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:29 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoDisco
You do live in the south... just sayin!

I own guns, have a white rover but will never paint it desert camo. Why? Cause I live in the rockies! Regular camo!
Hmmm...never thought of that. I have guns, a green rover and live in a rain forest. See, rovers adapt to their surroundings!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I have guns and live in philly, thats why i want to paint my car flat black (urban camo) but i can't really sell wifey on that just yet. Any helpful hints on getting your wife to let you paint your truck flat black?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by turf63
I have guns and live in philly, thats why i want to paint my car flat black (urban camo) but i can't really sell wifey on that just yet. Any helpful hints on getting your wife to let you paint your truck flat black?

Yes...Helpfull hint.........look at your post where you state "Any helpful hints on getting your wife to let you paint your truck flat black?". The answer is in your OWN words................"Let you paint YOUR truck flat black". Dude, ITS YOUR TRUCK.......repeat, ITS YOUR TRUCK......once again ITS YOUR TRUCK. I mean honestly here fellas I am seeing alot of "my wife wont let me lift, my wife wont like it, my wife wont like me to do this to my truck, I'm not sure if that will fly with the wife............JESUS EEEFFFFIIINNN CHRIST!!!!! What kind of women do you guys decide to marry???? Damn, I understand respecting your wife and keeping the peace etc etc but what kind of a woman feels she has the right to dictate what her husband can and cant do to his own truck, his own project, his own hobby?. This is a serious question fellas, enlighten me how you fawking put up with that crap?. I've been married 10 yrs HAPPILY and my wife has never tried telling me what I can paint, what I can modify, what I can tinker with, where I can ****, what I can wear. Yes, she teases me that I can never just leave anything alone, but she also knows that thats who I am, thats what makes me happy. I dont go to the bars, I dont cheat on her, I dont do drugs, I dont gamble, I dont **** all my $$$ away on dumb crap, I dont do anything except love my wife, love my kids, work hard to provide money for them and attention and love. Sooooooo If I wanna paint my frickin truck PINK I'm going to and she wont say a word except laugh at me, poke me in the ribs and call me a sissy boy for doing it. I just dont understand some of the stuff I read on here boys.......enlighten me please in why you want to be with someone who dictates what you can and cant do on your own stuff. Flame away.

Quick Reply: painted my roof