Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

painted my roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes North Carolina is in the south.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AKdisco
Yes...Helpfull hint.........look at your post where you state "Any helpful hints on getting your wife to let you paint your truck flat black?". The answer is in your OWN words................"Let you paint YOUR truck flat black". Dude, ITS YOUR TRUCK.......repeat, ITS YOUR TRUCK......once again ITS YOUR TRUCK. I mean honestly here fellas I am seeing alot of "my wife wont let me lift, my wife wont like it, my wife wont like me to do this to my truck, I'm not sure if that will fly with the wife............JESUS EEEFFFFIIINNN CHRIST!!!!! What kind of women do you guys decide to marry???? Damn, I understand respecting your wife and keeping the peace etc etc but what kind of a woman feels she has the right to dictate what her husband can and cant do to his own truck, his own project, his own hobby?. This is a serious question fellas, enlighten me how you fawking put up with that crap?. I've been married 10 yrs HAPPILY and my wife has never tried telling me what I can paint, what I can modify, what I can tinker with, where I can ****, what I can wear. Yes, she teases me that I can never just leave anything alone, but she also knows that thats who I am, thats what makes me happy. I dont go to the bars, I dont cheat on her, I dont do drugs, I dont gamble, I dont **** all my $$$ away on dumb crap, I dont do anything except love my wife, love my kids, work hard to provide money for them and attention and love. Sooooooo If I wanna paint my frickin truck PINK I'm going to and she wont say a word except laugh at me, poke me in the ribs and call me a sissy boy for doing it. I just dont understand some of the stuff I read on here boys.......enlighten me please in why you want to be with someone who dictates what you can and cant do on your own stuff. Flame away.
I think what happens is a miss-communication and lack of understanding as to who the 'truck' really belongs to. On the forum, we call it as 'our' truck, but in real life, for many of us, it is actually the wife's truck or the family truck. For me, I get to put about 3 miles a week on the Disco, but my wife drives it the rest of the time. But I am sure there are some out there that do need special permission from their spouse to modify their own truck/hobby/things.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakrover
yes North Carolina is in the south.
Well what a dumb name then.

Last edited by jafir; 05-06-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

It's a bit of a miscommunication but at the same time it's mostly keeping the peace. I've been married just over a year and my wife is a saint she let's me get away with murder. But her issue is when she drives the truck, as we are both apt to due, she already hates having to climb up into it, she'd rather not be seen in a lifted AND flat black truck as not everyone in Philly aligns themselves with my taste in auto decor. So I just need her to warm to it. I Aleah get my way eventually. But sometimes it's smarter to invest in a little wooing than to just say "my f'ing truck, my f'ing whatever I want". This way in the end it feels more like a compromise and not "turf gets whatever he wants, all the time" which is also consequently, why I'm waiting for my brand new .45 colt new agent to come in! My new concealed carry piece that should be her soon because she let's me spend our money on awesome stuff!

Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
I think what happens is a miss-communication and lack of understanding as to who the 'truck' really belongs to. On the forum, we call it as 'our' truck, but in real life, for many of us, it is actually the wife's truck or the family truck. For me, I get to put about 3 miles a week on the Disco, but my wife drives it the rest of the time. But I am sure there are some out there that do need special permission from their spouse to modify their own truck/hobby/things.

OK, I can understand this a little I guess IF your wife is the primary driver. For me I have my truck, she has her vehicle and although my rover is "hers" and her BMW is "mine" we do not put "limits" or "restrictions" on what we do to it. If she wants butterflies hanging from the rearview mirror and matching butterfly floor mats, I will never say a word even though I drive it occasionally. If she wanted to stencil a frigin Smurf decal on the rear hatch, so be it, makes her happy, have at it. Its just the way it is with us and fine by me, worked great for 10 years, and will work great for another 50 hopefully.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Pro Wrench

well it makes more sense if you know there is a South Carolina. thanks AK for going there I was gonna give him a pass but since you went there I don't have to. I can see needing the Ok for the big ticket items but some spray paint?

Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Tweak - LOOKS GREAT!

Originally Posted by turf63
I have guns and live in philly, thats why i want to paint my car flat black (urban camo) but i can't really sell wifey on that just yet. Any helpful hints on getting your wife to let you paint your truck flat black?
Just take it out to the woods and get some "pinstripes" and tell your wife you have to so it doesn't rust

Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakrover
well it makes more sense if you know there is a South Carolina.
Yep. I drove to North Carolina back in 1997, in July, in a 1972 Dodge Dart with no working air conditioning. It was most certainly in the south.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII

Just take it out to the woods and get some "pinstripes" and tell your wife you have to so it doesn't rust
lol too funny, maybe she knows he will just f it up

Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Pro Wrench

Name:  IMAG0180.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  97.6 KB
Name:  IMAG0179.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  98.8 KB
there's my tire cover

Quick Reply: painted my roof