Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

terra firma lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default terra firma lift

those of you who have one, I am trying to decide between the medium duty and heavy duty. I'm stock right now no winch bumper or any of that stuff. I guess the best question to ask to get the info I want is, are there any of you who have the HD who wish they went with the med? I want as much lift as possible but not if its an unbearable ride or creates more problems. I will be getting the extended ss brake lines and rebuilding the drive shafts along with new 245/75-16s(brand to be decided). also, not sure if anyone could possibly know this unless they had both on their truck, but what kind of difference is there on a stock truck between the med and hd, it might be so minimal that I should just do the med.

Last edited by tweakrover; 02-05-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have an answer, but, I'll be watching this thread closely, as I'm about to do the same thing!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Pro Wrench

I just want to get the most for the money, it would be nice to know I could add the bumpers or tow or just load her down without any problems. but the reality is its a dd and it doesn't see towing or heavy loads that often and will be a long time before steel bumpers, if ever.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Rock Crawling

I know some on this board will definitely have a problem with this

I'm torn between two kits right now.

Rovers North has the Terra Firma 2" kit for $599.

But,

I'm also eyeballing their pro-comp 2" kit for $499.00

I'll be doing the extended braided brake lines at the same time too, they're long overdue.

Also gonna rebuild my brakes.

they have kits for that too!

Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by demonlarry
I know some on this board will definitely have a problem with this

I'm torn between two kits right now.

Rovers North has the Terra Firma 2" kit for $599.

But,

I'm also eyeballing their pro-comp 2" kit for $499.00

I'll be doing the extended braided brake lines at the same time too, they're long overdue.

Also gonna rebuild my brakes.

they have kits for that too!
If you look at British Pacific, you can get the Terrafirma kit cheaper than the pro-comp kit at Rovers North

http://www.britishpacific.com/BPSite...terrafirma.htm

Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to do the same mod myself. I've got the 245/75 M/T's but need the 2" kit. I've really been eyeing the TF med kit. Check undergroundrovers.com, they have the cheapest price on that medium kit I've found thus far!! just waitin on some funds to roll in....

Old 02-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Pro Wrench

lucky 8 has it $588 to your door. I'm gonna call them again on monday, they probably have the most insight on the two kits and some good feedback from owners.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Winching

dont go HD on TF unless you are going to do bumpers..it will raise you high enough with factory bumpers where the vibs make your ride almost unrideable....medium duty is the max i would go with TF..unless like i said you have HD bumpers

This is from EXPERIENCE not internet keyboard warrior....i ordered TF HD kit and I went from 31" to 36" with 235/70/16 (ground to lip of fender) causing major major driveline probs....switched out to TF Light Duty... 34" all around no driveline issues at all

Old 02-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

not sure what TF kit you ordered for yoru D1 that gave you 5 inches of lift?.... my +2 HD kit gave me 2 1/4" all around. i don't have steel bumpers but i do have loads of equipment and am adding a winch soon. i use my rig for mostly off roading or hauling gear so im happy i went with the HD becuase the med would be sucking right now.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Winching

HD kit just like what you ordered....im very very happy with my light duty ones..they gave me 2-2 1/4 of lift

Quick Reply: terra firma lift