Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

terra firma lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hangout on the expedition portal site and the LR forum is sponsored by Inland Rovers. They have the med TF kit for $463, I added both oil cooler lines (mine are leaking), arb tire puncture kit (good one with the metal handles), and the TF steering damper all for $676 plus shipping. I am going through them.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does that price include the shipping?

Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle

No. It is $776.64 with shipping, which comes to $97 or so, not bad considering the weight of the springs. Way cheaper than buying all this stuff from AB or any other site.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoDisco
I hangout on the expedition portal site and the LR forum is sponsored by Inland Rovers. They have the med TF kit for $463, I added both oil cooler lines (mine are leaking), arb tire puncture kit (good one with the metal handles), and the TF steering damper all for $676 plus shipping. I am going through them.
Sweet. I hope their prices don't change much before I can get mine!
Don't forget the before and after pictures...

Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Overlanding

I did the TF ProSport HD kit in June of last year. Dang good deal through L8 ~$700 with several extra goodies. My rotoflex is absolutely shot though. Go ahead and resource a DS swap! I'm going to be doing mine in the next few weeks.

I gained a tremendous amount of lift with this kit. I think I went from like 31 1/2 to 38 from the top point on the fender arc. I'm really happy with it though. Even gone airborne a few times! Runnin Hankook Dynapro MT's 265/75.

The back is full of tools and gear, so it's real flexible in the back. But, I'm bone stock up front (winch bumper for birthday?...) so its a stiff ride. But, dang does it handle!

I also did the polybush mid-grade kit(orange). Major improvement from original.

Be objective in your pursuit of upgrades. Comparisons between the weekend warriors and professional tour guide rigs are drastically different.

Know what you want out of your ride before you get your keyboard wet with drool and pockets emptied with extra things not needed. Trust me from experience.

Good luck on your builds!!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Mudding

Spot, what did it take to clear the 265's? And do you rub? I just intalled the HD 2" lift and am looking at tires. I don't want to go to big though, I still want to flex all the way.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by bmxermike
Spot, what did it take to clear the 265's? And do you rub? I just intalled the HD 2" lift and am looking at tires. I don't want to go to big though, I still want to flex all the way.
My truck already had the "camel" panel deleted for a rear bumper, so there was no issue there. And, the front only rubs on the radius arms because I'm too lazy to correct the bump stops.ha

The only issue with flex that stems from tires is extending the bump stops, so axle cycle doesn't rip fender wells out. But, 32's shouldn't need them.

Take a look at the numerous tire sizing charts that are on this forum and the others. See what works for some and doesn't for others.

This is a helpful site for size comparing and speedometer differences: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

discoweb.net also has a tire size description in their tech section that is broken down by how much modification you're going to have to do in order to fit the new shoes.

hope some of this helps!