Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bosch Wires - Who's Using Them??

Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bosch Wires - Who's Using Them??

Anybody have direct experience real-life experience with the Bosch wires? How do they stack up against the Magnacores? I've used Bosch wires in the past on other vehicles and they worked and heald up great. Bosch for the Disco 1's (7mm) are $79 at Autozone, $123 for the Magnacores at Roverparts. I'm having a tough time justafying the extra $$ for the Magnacores. I'd like your take?

Thanks in advance,

Mark G

Old 08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy Magnacores; the 8mm are priced the same as the Bosch at Autozone here at this site and Magnacores are proven: http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...t.asp?scat=306

Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Bosch wires can't take the heat from the engine compartment, and as hard as they are to change, you don't want to do it twice.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnecores are designed for "race performance," which basically means a **** ton of heat. Our engines put out exactly one **** ton of heat. :P

Old 08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't want to spend the $$$ on Magnecor, get STI wires. They're good too, and very economical.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnecores are good but are they the best value? Most say yes and are also hoping they will also save on labor to swap them out (hopefully) much further down the road. I think Bosch makes quality products, so compare the specs, materials, etc. and if you're satisfied get them. I think S.T.I. wires compare well too (very similar specs) for much less money.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Magnecors are the best value when you factor in how long they last. Is a $40 set of wires really a good if you end up replacing 5 times in the time you would replace the Magnecors once?

I have heard very mixed reviews on the STI wires. I went with the Magnecors and haven't had a reason to even think twice about them since I installed them. The truck fires up every time and runs smooth.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
TReK

here is the rational i try to put into others heads,,, my dads included.

when you own a premium product you use premium products to keep it running. its that simple.

if you owned a 2 million dollar classic ferrari you wouldnt go to the store and ask for the cheap comparison parts. you want the best you can get to keep that car working.

same with a 5k or a 12k dollar discovery. you would not buy a used discovery if you popped the hood and every part had been replaced with some low buck aftermarket unit. dont do that to yourself and dont to that to the next person that might own this vehicle.

also remember. you dont own a vehicle. your only renting it,,,

Old 08-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Rock Crawling

Just stick with the proven Magnecor. Like everyone said, you do not want to change the wires twice. I agree that Bosch makes good wires but would not suffice on our Discovery's.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

These all seem to be anticdotal reasons. Any lab tests or comparisons anybody know about?

Thanks for the feedback..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bosch Wires - Who's Using Them??