Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   100,000 or 150,000 Mile Maintenance Guidelines for 02 Disco (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/100-000-150-000-mile-maintenance-guidelines-02-disco-52897/)

wisconsinoverlander 09-20-2012 07:58 PM

100,000 or 150,000 Mile Maintenance Guidelines for 02 Disco

Hi,
I know there is a 60K mile suggestion list on here from Mike, but is there a similar list for 100K miles on an 02 Disco? Or 150K miles? Keep in mind I go to the dealership for most things.

Rover on!
Matt

Spike555 09-20-2012 08:47 PM

Normal maintenance is all that is needed, regular fluid and filter changes no matter the miles.
Mikes list is more for "new to you" than anything else.
Anytime you buy a used car always assume nothing has never been done to it, so you go through and make it all "new" again, then just do normal maintenance after that and all will be well.
Thats all I've ever done and all I ever do.

drowssap 09-21-2012 05:51 AM

you can pretty much use the same list as Spike said fliuds and filter and normal maintenance needs to be done on a regular basis.
But you need to find some other than a dealer to work on your truck, Mike list would probably cost you $3000 at a dealer.

Disco Mike 09-21-2012 07:40 AM

My list is considered to be a normal procedure for any 30,000 K type service with the exception of the front drive shaft and plug wire replacement which only needs to be done once, and spark plugs are done every 60,000K.
That being said, once you do it completely then it is all fluids and inspections.
As for Spike guidance , he is so off base, he is completely off base, just check with any shop, there is a lot more to do to your vehicle then oil changes.

Spike555 09-21-2012 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 345798)
That being said, once you do it completely then it is all fluids and inspections.
As for Spike guidance , he is so off base, he is completely off base, just check with any shop, there is a lot more to do to your vehicle then oil changes.

I did NOT say just oil changes, what I said was FLUID AND FILTER changes, FLUID'S are ALL fluids, that includes gear oil, trans oil, brake fluid, engine coolant, power steering fluid etc. and all filters that go along with any of those fluids.
Normal maintenance also includes coolant hoses and replacing plug and wires as needed.
That is what I said.
So can you tell me how I am way off base?

Here is my exact quote.

Normal maintenance is all that is needed, regular fluid and filter changes no matter the miles.
Mikes list is more for "new to you" than anything else.
Anytime you buy a used car always assume nothing has never been done to it, so you go through and make it all "new" again, then just do normal maintenance after that and all will be well.
Thats all I've ever done and all I ever do.