Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Amigos....not 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 07:40 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Amigos....not 3

I washed my 2004 Discovery II a few days ago in preparation for sale. I washed the engine and undercarriage / wheel areas well to show additions (diff guards, rear shocks, etc). Upon leaving the car wash the Traction Control light and Downhill Descent Control lights came on. ABS light does work (it is not burned out) but is not coming on. None of these lights were on before.

I have tried researching this but am inundated with 3 amigo threads / solutions.

I checked the ABS module and discovered the hard wire bypass has been done to it. (I purchased it used from an import mechanic).

I have not taken anything apart. I have unplugged all three plugs and checked for corrosion and water. Sprayed QD cleaner in the connections and blew them out. When I disconnect the plug closest to the passenger compartment (on one side by itself) the lights tend to stay off for a little bit and I can get downhill descent control to work. When the lights come on it does not work. ABS does work. I think TC is working (may be just imagining the sound / vibration).

I have a Bosch OBD scanner but it does not show anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Does that scanner pull ABS codes? Your best bet is to find someone that can pull codes for you. It could be a myriad of things.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:26 AM
Mudding
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I did head gaskets a year ago. Replaced all gaskets, hoses, coolant overflow bottle...etc.
Anyways went snow-wheeling a couple months ago. When I got home, I looked over Vehicle and saw some coolant in passenger wheel well. I had heard about the cracked coolant bottles, so I inspected bottle and sure enough it was cracked. 3k miles and 13 months old....
So i got a new bottle and replaced it. Spilled a little coolant in the process.
Went and hosed down around coolant bottle. Started vehicle and it was lit up like a Christmas tree. 3 amigos and parking brake lamp.
Obviously water had gotten into a connector somewhere.
Let it dry out a couple of days.
Got a friends snap on scanner and cleared all codes. Didn't care what set...don't even remember. ..lol
Been driving since and no lights and traction control working perfect.
I would try clearing codes first and try getting them to reset...chances are they won't. .
Cheers.