Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   2 D2s to make 1 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/2-d2s-make-1-a-79120/)

jesman 05-02-2016 10:33 PM

2 D2s to make 1

1 Attachment(s)
I have 2 2000 D2s. The first one had the front driveshaft failure, knocking out the trans. I bought it this way. It's rusty, but in Pa they all are. The rear passenger door jamb is bad. It was fixed when something went wrong. It has 155k, steelies, cloth seats, brush guard and no sunroofs. I had it idling for 20 min and the temp wouldn't go above 160 on my ultra gauge. The second hit a tree, crunching the drivers front corner. It was pieced together, zip ties hold the headlights in. Driven for a little and parked. This one has surface rust underneath, but is clean everywhere else. This one has heated leather that doesn't work, 2 sunroofs with the front one leaking and not working. I've been driving this one on occasion, at idle the temp will hit 215. If I increase the revs to 2k, it will drop to 195. I'm going to use parts off the first one to build the second one into an off road toy. Pic is the first one.

Charlie_V 05-02-2016 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by jesman (Post 565789)
I have 2 2000 D2s. The first one had the front driveshaft failure, knocking out the trans. I bought it this way. It's rusty, but in Pa they all are. The rear passenger door jamb is bad. It was fixed when something went wrong. It has 155k, steelies, cloth seats, brush guard and no sunroofs. I had it idling for 20 min and the temp wouldn't go above 160 on my ultra gauge. The second hit a tree, crunching the drivers front corner. It was pieced together, zip ties hold the headlights in. Driven for a little and parked. This one has surface rust underneath, but is clean everywhere else. This one has heated leather that doesn't work, 2 sunroofs with the front one leaking and not working. I've been driving this one on occasion, at idle the temp will hit 215. If I increase the revs to 2k, it will drop to 195. I'm going to use parts off the first one to build the second one into an off road toy. Pic is the first one.

That's a great project and you're going to have a lot of valuable parts in storage later.

rankar 05-03-2016 06:04 AM

party on, and congratulations. you'll have a lot of fun and learn a lot of new stuff.

DiscoBuckeye 05-03-2016 06:18 AM

You will curse the day you were born.
JK everyone was so positive before me. :)

Alex_M 05-03-2016 08:20 AM

Have you tried bleeding the cooling system on the second yet? Sounds like a bleed issue to me. Those cloth seats will be better for a straight off roader I think. You dint have to care about them as much. Say... You don't want to sell those steelies cheap, do you...

jesman 05-10-2016 12:09 AM

I'm keeping the steelies for now. You are the 4th person that asked if was going to sell them. I will try to bleed the system. Found out the front sunroof leaks after all the rain here in pa. I took a week's vacation in June to work on them.

DiscoCam 05-10-2016 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by jesman (Post 566687)
I'm keeping the steelies for now. You are the 4th person that asked if was going to sell them. I will try to bleed the system. Found out the front sunroof leaks after all the rain here in pa. I took a week's vacation in June to work on them.

Good choice on keeping those steelies. They especially looked good on the 99s-02s.

disc oh no 05-10-2016 10:00 PM

Two D2's. Hmmm... That sounds a little like one of those nightmares where you think you wake up and find yourself in another nightmare. LOL