Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Discovery has a tough time accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

how is the fuel tank pressure, Seen alot of times where corrosion in the fuel pump connector and module ruins the pump causing a misfire on number one.

its possible the connector at the pump is ruined not getting enough pressure to the new pump. Get a complete new pump and see where it takes you.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys just wanted to fill you in on the progress now. I took apart the fuel pump again and found a small hole (or tear) in the accordion fuel line that goes to the pump, it was created from putting on new clamps and trying to reuse the same fuel line sine I couldn't get the appropriate fuel line at the time of fixing. I also noticied that the fuel strainer that I bought this time was different from the last one I received. All of them are supposed to be TS7 strainers, but the first one I put on there is longer and where the strainer connects is in a different spot then the real deal TS7, so all in all - The wrong strainer was pushing the fuel pump up and tilting it thus creating friction of some sort on the "reused fuel" line. I took the right steps, bought some 3/8th's fuel line (which is a little big to fit around the metal bracket the hold the pump and line in place. So I snipped the metal bracket and spread it apart a little and sanded the edges. Fit perfectly and back in business. Obviously put on the correct strainer as well.

So just to condense this whole thing. 98 Land Rover Discovery 4.0 engine, wrong fuel pump and strainer, created a whole in the line and also the pump was not as powerful since it was for a 3.9 engine. Installed an Airtex e3270 and Ts7 strainer and new 3/8ths fuel line. Problem fixed.