Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   ABS Extension Question (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/abs-extension-question-51734/)

willrok13 08-04-2012 06:45 PM

ABS Extension Question

Hi guys,

Quick question about the SlickRock Fab ABS Extensions. Do they just plug in between the existing ABS wires at the hub and frame, or can I remove the connector from the hub/caliper end and totally replace the wire going from the frame to the hub? I thought the hub sensor was permanently installed, but the SlickRock wires are REALLY long and I'm not sure what to do with the excess. Thanks for the help.

Here's the website: SlickRock Fabrication -- EE -- Expedition Exchange Incorporated

ebg18t 08-04-2012 08:56 PM

Just plug in. But they re bout 10" longer than I needed.Mine are just looped and zip tied.

willrok13 08-04-2012 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by ebg18t (Post 335951)
Just plug in. But they re bout 10" longer than I needed.Mine are just looped and zip tied.

Thanks for the response. So I don't remove the wire from the hub? I'm going to have a lot extra lol

ebg18t 08-05-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by willrok13 (Post 335962)
Thanks for the response. So I don't remove the wire from the hub? I'm going to have a lot extra lol

Yep jut a tone of extra. I wish someone made a set that was half the length.

Disco Mike 08-05-2012 07:13 AM

Don't waste your money buying a set of extensions when all that is necessary for a 2" to 3" lift is unplug them and reroute them for better articulation.
I have a near 3" lift and never replaced mine although it is good to replace the rubber brake hoses with stainless steel extensions.

willrok13 08-05-2012 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 335987)
Don't waste your money buying a set of extensions when all that is necessary for a 2" to 3" lift is unplug them and reroute them for better articulation.
I have a near 3" lift and never replaced mine although it is good to replace the rubber brake hoses with stainless steel extensions.

Thanks, Mike. I rerouted the lines and then jacked up the truck until the +2" shocks topped out. The wires held but are pretty tight. Would you recommend releasing some of the abs wire from the harness on top of the frame? The wires are bound in some plastic conduit and I think cutting it out may give me another inch or so. What do you mean when you say "re-route" the wires? Just unplugging them from their holders? Or totally re-routing over the frame? Thanks.

Disco Mike 08-05-2012 12:29 PM

I would probably do that before buying a long set of extensions that will then need to be looped to keep them out of the way.

ebg18t 08-05-2012 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Disco Mike (Post 335987)

Unfortunately at 4.5-5" of lift I had no choice. Also required 6deg castor correction Radius arms and other misc crap.