Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Light

ABS light came on last night when I was almost home. TC light came on as well but went off almost immediately. This morning ABS light was on, but once I got out on the main road and got going, it went off. Service Engine soon light came on about 3 days ago.

I've read all the posts about the 3 amigos, and even read this manual http://www.landroverclubvi.com/abs-mod.html about fixing potential problems, etc. I'm not handy enough to reasonably tackle any of those plus I don't have a code reader. Also, I'm not sure whether this qualifies as catching the deadly 3 amigos bug (even though it seems like half the battle you guys discuss is just getting the dang things to turn off after the "real" problem is fixed)

What I do have is an indy Rover mechanic who I "think" I trust. He has done some relatively major stuff over the last year and it has been reasonably priced. So, what would be some advice to try and at least have him thinking I'm not a pushover. I've read on here about it possibly just being brake dust or something small (especially with it going on and off like that). Perhaps I should demand that he give me all the code readings when he calls with an estimate and then I can verify things in this forum ? ?

Old 10-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you have multiple problems. you need to find an autozone or similar and get your CEL codes read. come back with the 4 digit codes not an explanation of what the autozone teenager thinks is wrong. As for the 3 amigos. are your brakes squealing? when was the last time you got in there and cleaned the rotors of brake dust? i would start there since you don't have access to an ABS scanner.