Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Flat Trailer Connector - Napa

The Napa part number for the trailer connector is 784640. I paid $2.79 and will be installing this weekend.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphobell
The Napa part number for the trailer connector is 784640. I paid $2.79 and will be installing this weekend.
Well did not need to do the bypass at this time. Pulled the modulator and tested it and one of the shuttle valve switches were bad. Replaced the shuttle valves and the seals. I'm now Amigo Free! Thanks for the write up Josh! It truly made this job easy.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a newbie here on this site and looking to do the abs fix tomorrow but for some reason I am not able to print this off. Hopefully i am asking for help in the right place and was wondering if someone could email it to me or what my options were as far as getting this printed off. Thanks for any help

Old 08-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by caljw
Add me to the list of hopeful success stories. One week now after option B and no Three Amigos!!!! Getting the 3 allen screws out was the only pain. Use a 2x4 to lift and allow room to work and a very short allen key is your best bet to keep it turning without having to find the screw each small rotation. The job took me a few hours but that was taking it very slow (I am not a wrench by any means) slow and steady with a couple of cold ones and the laptop nearby.
Josh, many thanks to you for the excellent write-up. Saved me about $1100 for the shuttle valve rebuild. My independent LR shop is amazed. Of course they don't want the word to get out!
Ruh Roh.....after 4 months Amigos return. Ground is secure. Guess I'll have to dive into the modulator again. Bummer.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
4wd Low

I just purchased a used Land Rover Disco 2 with the 3 Amigo's lit up... Completed this repair along with bleeding the brakes in just under 4 hours... It's been a couple weeks now and haven't seen the 3 amigo's since...

The only hazard while doing this repair was while soldering the wires, I put down the soldering gun, and without looking went to pick it back up... Yeah, I grabbed the wrong end. The good news. The solder gun was hot and ready to go... The bad new. The solder gun was hot and ready to go...

Besides my little error with the solder gun - the fix went smoothly! Thanks for the awesome write up!

Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Overlanding

I did this and it worked great for about a year. Now I have no ABS response for anything. No TC, ABS, or HDC. No lights, or chimes either. Any ideas?

Old 12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Drifting

Hey, Am I in??

Old 01-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Overlanding
Default Did mine... No more Three Amigos

Gotta say, this is a great piece of info. Great thread!
I did the fix this past weekend and had no problems at all. I skipped straight to the bottom section and went from there.
My SV was bad, replaced with a new one from BP, and new that that was the extent of my issues, but went ahead and did the fix anyway, just because I don't ever want to see those "GUYS" again!

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)-img_0871.jpg

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)-img_0875.jpg

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)-img_0876.jpg

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)-img_0878.jpg

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)-img_0879.jpg

Old 02-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

I've been getting the three amigos on and off lately and now it's more on gonna try this fix soon. Option B.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Ok I tried to fix my abs doing the B option yesterday and as I was unscrewing my first hex bolt, it sheared right off, so now I need to remove the whole modulator, so be careful when unscrewing those damn hex bolts...

Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)