Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   ABS, TC and Hill Decent Lights ON (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/abs-tc-hill-decent-lights-23112/)

Seanno 06-30-2009 08:36 PM

ABS, TC and Hill Decent Lights ON

My wife drives a 2003 Discovery SE7 with 90K miles.

Last summer we were driving along normally when we heard 4 or 5 bongs from the dash and three lights came on. ABS, TC and the picture of the car on the slope (I think its the hill decent light).

We took it to the dealer, who couldn't seem to figure out the problem. Said it could be a loose wire, a bad earthing wire, or some other part that would cost $1200! I didn't even wait to find out what the expensive part was called, as the service guy said that he wasn't even sure this would fix the problem.

The lights aren't on all the time. It comes and goes. Last year the problem stopped as quickly as it started. We forget about it.

Now it's just started doing it again. Didn't have a problem all winter, but now it's warming up again - same problem.

Since the dealership don't seem to have any real idea why this is happening, I thought I'd post the question here in case it's a $10 relay or something that will fix this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Seanno

Disco Mike 06-30-2009 09:01 PM

Don't take this wrong, I see this is your first post and all, but it is obvious that you haven't even tried to find some information so you might ask more specific questions and none of us will have to answer this question again.
Please, do a search on the or any other Rover forum for 3 Amigos, read up on it and then when you are ready for some specific information, get back to us.

Seanno 06-30-2009 09:17 PM

"3 Amigos" meaning the 3 lights we have showing?

Sorry for seeming lazy, but without much experience I was reaching out for help. Thought that was hat these forums were all about.

JBEGIN 06-30-2009 09:27 PM

yes thats what we affectionately call it when those 3 lights come on.... and it is true, it can be anything, from brake squeal to sensor... when you were at the dealer why didnt they read your ABS codes?

Seanno 06-30-2009 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBEGIN (Post 124542)
yes thats what we affectionately call it when those 3 lights come on.... and it is true, it can be anything, from brake squeal to sensor... when you were at the dealer why didnt they read your ABS codes?

I'm sure they did, but I didn't know enough to ask for them. Again, my apologies for not being an expert in these things. Now I have a lead to research (3 amigos) I'll be doing some digging.

Thanks to all

Disco Mike 07-01-2009 07:50 AM

If you want to get some questions answered, send me your tele number and I'll be glad to call and walk you thru this.

jycsalas 07-01-2009 10:15 AM

We love helping others when they help themselves too. If after researching an issue (searching the forum) you still can't resolve it, then ask. We'd like to answer questions that haven't been answered a million times already.

Urban Panzer 07-01-2009 12:13 PM

Don't personally see the issue tbh, if you know the answer why not type it.......... :/

99% of forum searchs are rubbish and never return what your after unless you search text is almost the same as what the original "poster" called the thread.

Disco Mike 07-01-2009 12:18 PM

I have replied to this question, as have many others, over 100 times on this site and I can't begin to tell you how many times on 4 other Rover forums.
People tend to learn more when they have to do a little research on their own.