Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Absoultely Disgusted (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/absoultely-disgusted-16383/)

jmt 10-10-2008 03:33 PM

Absoultely Disgusted

I bought my 2003 Disco last December at KBB's trade in value of $10k. The worth as estimated by my bank and insurance company was quoted at $15k.

I just checked KBB. The trade-in? $3500. [&o]

I am sick to my stomach.

I had no real intentions of selling her, but my co-worker was pricing some cars and I decided to see where mine stood. I'd be in the hole about $3k if I sold it at trade-in.

Yes, I realize KBB is not the most accurate. However, it's what both insurance and bank used to price it out and keeping it apples to apples, it's where I got the now trade-in estimate.

Anyone want to hug it out?

britishracinggreen 10-10-2008 03:47 PM

RE: Absoultely Disgusted

That sucks. I'm in the same boat with mine. Was looking to get rid of it because I don't go wheeling much anymore. My own dealership was quoting me 2500 to take on trade and they thought they were being generous. I still have a year to pay on it, so I decided to keep it forever. Parts discounts and free labor helped with the decision.

Disco2Guy 10-10-2008 03:54 PM

Yup, I bought my '01 last Sept for $10K as well, just before the prices starting falling through the roof. I've spent well over that on mods and repairs so far, but still have another 4 years to pay off the truck. But after the first month of owning RovrFlo, it was decided that i will never sell it.

brooksa 10-10-2008 03:55 PM

Same here, I bought mine in Jan and I think its plunged about 5 or 6k since, I even put a good down payment on the table and still upside down. Glad I bought it to keep awhile.

Willie 00D2 10-10-2008 04:02 PM

Yah, same here, upside down. Too much fun to get rid of. Or should I say buy myself out of it.

Willie

Landzu 10-10-2008 04:44 PM

Here is something thats Good News,,,,,,,,,,,, Gas is going Down !!!

Spike555 10-10-2008 05:16 PM

Well here is how I look at it. Just looked my '97 up on KBB and trade in in excellent condition with 174,000 miles is $2500.
Retail for my truck is $5400! I paid $4500 for it 18 months and 20,000 miles ago.
When I bought my truck it booked at $6200, aasking price was $5900 and I paid cash with tax and title $4500. And the truck is now in better condition than when I bought it.
So look up your retail value and dont be so discouraged, its only money, you can always make more.

NiteTrain 10-10-2008 05:43 PM

I bought my rover knowing it would continue to deprecate with rising fuel cost, but I dont regret it. I enjoying using it and will use it more if gas prices go down.

They always screw you on trade-in value, btw i think banks use NADA not KBB to determine value.

apcollin 10-10-2008 08:15 PM

dude "Trade-In" value is BS... don't even worry about it. i bet if you bought an 09 RR sport and brought it back the next day they'd offer $3,500 on a trade in.

rrhyne 10-11-2008 12:53 PM

The value of my truck is calculated by the places it's taken me, and is therefore much more than anyone would ever pay for it.

:D