Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   AC Help (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/ac-help-95359/)

landroverdude 06-22-2019 12:28 AM

AC Help

Hey guys so does anyone know what my problem might be, My AC blows out cold on driver's side but warm on the passenger side, Why Could this be? Also it's really loud on high is there a way to fix this?

Best4x4 06-22-2019 12:37 AM

Low R134A is my guess & check the blower for devris

redwhitekat 06-22-2019 08:24 AM

Probably a flap issue

Best4x4 06-22-2019 10:50 AM

On a D1/D2 with dual climate control if both temps are set to the same temp it’s probably just a little bit low on freon. I’d have it professionally checked and go from there. Those cans with a gauge are pretty much worthless.

Red5 06-22-2019 03:25 PM

What temp are you getting out of the D side? Both sides use the same evaporator, so if one side is nice and cold and the other is not, I don't think low refrigerant is the problem. Sounds more like a flap issue to me.

Extinct 06-22-2019 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Red5 (Post 694423)
What temp are you getting out of the D side? Both sides use the same evaporator, so if one side is nice and cold and the other is not, I don't think low refrigerant is the problem. Sounds more like a flap issue to me.

Agreed

Best4x4 06-22-2019 10:46 PM

Not sure if there is test for the flap operation, the diagnostics test the control head and the sensor. I have seen some aftermarket wiring get in the way of the blend door linkages before (like stereo wires).

landroverdude 06-23-2019 12:44 AM

Alrighty thanks for the help guys I will definitely check on the flaps first and then go from there.

MellBelle 06-23-2019 07:06 AM

Blower debris

The blower fan likely has leaves/acorns or other debris in it. Common problem and easy to clean out. Check for holes in your windshield cowling (outer edges tend to break) allowing debris in. Also make sure you have the long thin air filter running along the lower part of the cowl under the hood. If not, they’re pretty inexpensive and easy to find. As for the temperature difference, follow the other guys’ advice.

Sandman614 06-24-2019 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Best4x4 (Post 694392)
Low R134A is my guess & check the blower for devris

Originally Posted by Best4x4 (Post 694408)
On a D1/D2 with dual climate control if both temps are set to the same temp it’s probably just a little bit low on freon. I’d have it professionally checked and go from there. Those cans with a gauge are pretty much worthless.

Originally Posted by Red5 (Post 694423)

I thought the same thing @Red5 with my wifes Honda Accord dual climate control. I could not fathom how it could be different temps. Turned out to be exactly what the problem was, low "freon". I fixed the line where the leak was and refilled.