Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antiblock brake light turning on Disco I

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antiblock brake light turning on Disco I

Hey guys, I'm having problems with my antiblock brake system, the light is turning on while i'm driving. Yesterday I brake in a corner and the car activate the antiblock brakes, I was driving really slow and I didn't hit the brake hard.
Please can somebody tell me what is the causing the problem, how can I fixed it and how much it will cost me. Thanks I own 1997 Disco I, 108,000 miles.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Mudding
Default RE: Antiblock brake light turning on Disco I

I had that problem, and I solved it by reseating all the inline plugs going to each individual wheel sensor. Unplugging and replugging and making sure they were plugged in all the way. It is also possible that you have a defective wheel sensor. You can take a ohm meter (multitester set to resistance) and read the resistance of each wheel sensor, when you unplug them. They should all read about the same. If one reads open, then you have a defective wheel sensor and should replace it. The front wheel sensors have their inline plugs on the engine side of each wheelwell..just follow the wires up and you will find them. The rear wheel sensors have a couple of plugs above the rear differential attached to the underside of the body. I have a 1994 Disco 1, but I bet yours is near identical.

Many electrical problems on older vehicles can be traced to the various connectors and plugs. On a vehicle such as a Disco, which is often used in hostile environments and in water, the possibility of water causing minor corrosion or other issues is great and even though many connectors have "O" ring seals it is always a good idea to check each connector on any "system" that is malfunctioning. By check, I mean unplug, look at connector pins, clean if necessary, then plug back in, making sure to completely seat the plug in the socket.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Drifting
Default RE: Antiblock brake light turning on Disco I

Thanks Phototone for your response I really apreciate your tips. I will do what you told me and see what happend.

Rgds.