Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlantic British Website Mistake on Fuel Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:35 AM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

That's where I got my information from originally. Like I said, my customer said I hadn't sent him the correct part. I told him to look at the AB website, foolishly, before checking for myself. It was only after he said he had spoke with a rep there who confirmed I sent the wrong part that I began investigating.

It's clear AB has people working for them that really don't know their Rovers very well. On top of that, even after calling their attention to the problem the sense of urgency was not there at all. To this day, I bet if you called and spoke to a rep about these pumps, you'd wind up getting the wrong part.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Thanks for posting this Paul. I suffered in silence when I, after watching the video, ordered the pump the video seemed to say I needed, got the wrong one. AB is a great resource on many things but that's a big purchase, and it is a hassle to return a gasoline soaked fuel pump. And while they did fix it, my truck was down longer than it should have been and the rep I spoke to made it seem as though I was the idiot, even though the only information I had was what they gave me.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by WNYErikDiscoII
From microcat
That seems like a contradiction.

Unless there is something else going on. Has anyone seen a very early SAI vehicle? Does it have a DMTL pump like the later ones?

Old 12-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
It's clear AB has people working for them that really don't know their Rovers very well.

I try and tell people this. They may as well be selling washing machine parts because it is just part #s to them. Drive by and you'll find a parking lot full of Hondas and a bunch of guys on the phone who have never worked on a Rover. That isn't true for all the guys there, but it is for the most part.

I've been to Rovers North and found a parking lot full Rovers. Here at Lucky 8 we all drive Rovers to work, except for the kid who doesn't have his license. He drives a bicycle. But its a f'ing sweet bike.

The following users liked this post:
Racer X (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Does the bike have a lucky8 sticker on it?

Old 12-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Lucky8 sticker and one of these, cause that is how they roll....

The following users liked this post:
jafir (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Okay I have to throw in...

I have a lucky8 sticker on my truck and on my laptop. I was in court and I opened my laptop. The laptop is black and the sticker is bright orange, so it stands out. I can't see it when I'm using the computer so I thought nothing of it. During a break the judge called me in and asked what the sticker was about. I explained and showed him the website on his desktop computer. I was baffled. He said okay, that's fine, but that the attorney on the other side thought I was trying to influence the jury with the lucky8 sticker, and he asked me to peel the sticker off or turn my computer away (then the jury would have seen me fiddling on the Internet, so I couldn't do that). I said okay and peeled the sticker off. Haha. I still don't know what lucky8 means, but I sure as heck have no idea how it could influence a jury. Maybe they all drove land rovers.

The other sticker was an American flag. Apparently no one had the cajones to ask me to peel that off.

Maybe they thought it was my nickname.

On my honor, scout's oath: I won that trial. Thanks lucky8!