Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attitude brings lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

It seems that the vacuum may be the culprit. I've done a home made smoke test on it and sealed a couple of things but I can't find the major leak. I've found the only shop in town with a smoke machine and should have news Tuesday when I take the truck in.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a simular issue, but haven't figured out how to post a new blog yet. mine is pulling the codes p0154 and P1590. The light comes on after about 20 miles (give or take), and I can smell something like plastic burning... Generally, it only happens while driving on a dirt road, but once it starts it comes back everytime I restart. If I leave it sitting until it cools, it doesn't come back right away. I haven't been able to locate the source of the smell. Until I pulled the code, I though something was overheating... but everything runs fine.

Any help would be appreciated...

FD

Old 06-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

FD,

My understanding of this has progressed some since my first post. The three amigos can have numerous causes, and the best way to pinpoint them is with an "ABS amigo". It pinpoints the issue in about 2 minutes.

In my case, it was the "shuttle valve," for which there is an easy, 30 minute fix. I do, also, have vac problems that I have traced to the upper intake (plenum) gasket.

Like you, my problem went away after I drove and restarted the truck. I think that was because the vacuum did not have time to completely escape, I noticed that my brakes were firmer. But overnight, the first start had mushy brakes (as the vacuum built), and I got the three amigos the first time I hit my brakes. I also got them later when I hit them hard, or when the traction control thought I was having issues (like, maybe, when you drive on dirt roads). You need an ABS Amigo to pinpoint the problem.

Best,

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie_V; 06-22-2015 at 01:40 PM.