Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boggers or tsl's on a discovery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: boggers or tsl's on a discovery?

ORIGINAL: LRDISCO

There was this one hill that i could not climb up because i couldnt get traction ( stock jeeps with street tires did it like nothing) no matter what.
Its not the tires.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 PM
TReK

I have gone up places that a Range Rover that was setup the same way my Disco is but did not have a locking Transfer could not go.
The had the same tires BFG A/T's 245/75/16 but had to back
down, and a RR weigth is less.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM
TReK

For the best off road I would get BFG M/T or the A/T's

They will work but no tire can make up for lack of a locking transfer case.

I know you want a good tire to help and don't want to do a transfer case mod, but there will be somethings that with out a locking transfer case you will have to learn to drivewith out one.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not sure what the new JKs come with but I'm pretty sure TJs (97-05) came stock with goodyear GSAs..I know mine did. As far as the rubicons with MT's...they're not all that great in mud. My friend has a rubicon and just put TSL's on it...BIG difference.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Landzu

For the best off road I would get BFG M/T or the A/T's

They will work but no tire can make up for lack of a locking transfer case.

I know you want a good tire to help and don't want to do a transfer case mod, but there will be somethings that with out a locking transfer case you will have to learn to drivewith out one.
A locking diff wouldnt have helped in this situation,I had all four tires spinning like crazy and so did the jeeps I just couldnt get grip. I also cannot afford a locking diff. My tires are way better than bfg a/t's theres no way i would ever consider bfg A/T's those tires are horrible. I watched a guy almost flip because he was sliding everywhere with those tires and they cake up like nothing i've ever seen. I need a tire that can pull me through almost anything.I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS RAN TSL's OR BOGGERS ON A DISCOVERY AND HOW BAD WAS THE STEERING WHEEL SHAKE.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Three Wheeling

Why not try the Trxus M/T and let me know how they perform afterwards? Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's couldnt get me out of this one, it took a completely stock Jeep Wrangler with a strap to tug me out.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Rock Crawling

any pictures of this hill?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 AM
TReK

I would say that its where you drive,, Mud takes water and
most of the South West where I go and livewater is not a big factor.

I'm a OverLand'er so BFG A/T have been the best choice
for me.

So what tires are you going to go with?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: LRDISCO

A locking diff wouldnt have helped in this situation,I had all four tires spinning like crazy and so did the jeeps I just couldnt get grip. I also cannot afford a locking diff. My tires are way better than bfg a/t's theres no way i would ever consider bfg A/T's those tires are horrible. I watched a guy almost flip because he was sliding everywhere with those tires and they cake up like nothing i've ever seen. I need a tire that can pull me through almost anything.I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS RAN TSL's OR BOGGERS ON A DISCOVERY AND HOW BAD WAS THE STEERING WHEEL SHAKE.
Ok, sorry we got off your question a bit... I will tell you both of those tires will give you a buzzing sound on the road. The bogger will be the worst. A jeep drove by me the other day with bogger and there was no way he could talk to a passenger in that truck. As for steering wheel shake, I have never had either of these tires, but I would imagine the steering wheel would have a minor shake, just by looking at the tires. I am going to throw in that my General Grabber A/t2's preformed great in very muddy conditions, I should have taken a pic of the hill it got up.... I am still shocked that a stock jeep did more than a stock disco... Were your treads clogged?? There has to be something more to this. I dont think you would like those tires if you drive your disco on road, but hey everyone is differnt.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

90% of offroad driving is the driver, not the equipment.

And 75% of all statistics are made up

Quick Reply: boggers or tsl's on a discovery?