Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottorf-fabrication

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

^ I heard Denny does real good work.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:05 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jleebron
......when I get them tomorrow.
So did you get them????

Old 05-28-2011, 12:16 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been 7 months... and 5 promises

Paid in full 7 months ago, and have been told the following:
-- "it's been shipped out..." <6 months ago>
-- "should be there next week..." 4 months ago>
-- "it's with UPS, just wait and it will be there in a few days..." <3 months ago>
-- "will be at you door next Wednesday, I guarantee..." <2 months ago>
--"UPS is not working out, I'll ship with FedEx..." <one month ago>

Save you money. These people have no trouble lying and treating customers badly.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:38 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ That is why the "overwhelmed small business' excuse doesn't hold water. If you're overwhelmed and can't keep up with demand, don't say "it'll be there next week" tell the truth and say it's going to be a WHILE. If the product is as good as people say it is, then they will wait.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default Bottorf=Bull

Don't be fooled by this guy's site. Please do not waste your money on this scam. "Nate the Great" the owner of BF=BS will gladly take your money. When your bumper or whatever doesn't ever show up, Nate the Great will take to you all day long on the phone, giving you a multitude of ridiculous reasons why he's taken your money and given you nothing:
Here are a few of his favs:
"It got lost in the mail."
"UPS lost it."
"UPS doesn't give a tracking number."
"UPS Ground didn't pick it up."
"I mailed it USPS!"
"It's out of stock."
"I can't get to the office to check."
"I can't remember."

Mind you, the above excuses are all for THE SAME BUMPER!

What is truly astonishing is that Bottorf Rover Ripoff's Nate the Great will talk to you forever, giving these excuses because has has no shame. He will talk to your forever about how UPS and the USPS fail at their responsibilities while Bottorf Rover Ripoff is a fine company and is competent in all it does. Well, It is: it LIES.

Please do not waste your money. Check out the other Rover forums and the BF=BS complaints are rampant.

I have made a complaint with the BBB. I know this has been stated under many posts. To all other people who have ordered from this guy, I feel your pain. I have been Bottorf'd. Dont let it happen to you

*This has been posted on LRO also.*

Old 05-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default I've been Bortorfed too!

Here is my story. I orderd a rear bumper July 1st 2010. So almost 11 months and still waitng. I made Nate post an eBay auction becuase I have been following the slow wait times on builds on the other forum. I currently owned his front bumper, sliders, skid plate....which i recieved within 2 months after my order in Dec 2009. So I was a repeat customer with a good experience. I figured he would want to keep me happy. But won and paid through PayPal for an ability to retrive my money if I got nothing with in 44 days as per eBay's rules to file a claim. Come to find out eBay has a stipulation that their disputes are void on any custom items purchases. WTF! So my backup was screwed.
I had got the same run around from Nate:
Offered a refund
Oh a guy didnt want his order in CA, a bumper is ready to ship exactly as you ordered it.
Gave me a UPS tracking number that never shipped. Twice!
Sent a refund by certified mail... Yeah right.
Nice on the phone, still cannot believe he answers it...to only spew bell$hit to paying customers.

So here is my plan.

Sue Botorff Fabrication in Bedford county PA small claims court
File a police report for none delivery of paid goods thru interstate commerce.
Have the Bedford Sheriff hand deliver the small claims court summons to his house/company.
File a complaint with the online BBB
File a complaint with the PA State attorney general.
Print all this out send it certified mail to Botorff Fab. Stating that unless I receive a rear bumper as ordered in 2 weeks all this will be filed, no exceptions!

At this point only a winch & a steel rear bumper are holding me back from off road wheeling. My plastic factory bumper cannot take another hit or it will crack in two piece. Too bad this num nutz is a factor holding me back from the full potential of my Rover.

Thats my plan for starters

Last edited by bosshogt; 05-28-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Call the police

Originally Posted by bosshogt
Here is my story. I orderd a rear bumper July 1st 2010. So almost 11 months and still waitng. I made Nate post an eBay auction becuase I have been following the slow wait times on builds on the other forum. I currently owned his front bumper, sliders, skid plate....which i recieved within 2 months after my order in Dec 2009. So I was a repeat customer with a good experience. I figured he would want to keep me happy. But won and paid through PayPal for an ability to retrive my money if I got nothing with in 44 days as per eBay's rules to file a claim. Come to find out eBay has a stipulation that their disputes are void on any custom items purchases. WTF! So my backup was screwed.
I had got the same run around from Nate:
Offered a refund
Oh a guy didnt want his order in CA, a bumper is ready to ship exactly as you ordered it.
Gave me a UPS tracking number that never shipped. Twice!
Sent a refund by certified mail... Yeah right.
Nice on the phone, still cannot believe he answers it...to only spew bell$hit to paying customers.

So here is my plan.

Sue Botorff Fabrication in Bedford county PA small claims court
File a police report for none delivery of paid goods thru interstate commerce.
Have the Bedford Sheriff hand deliver the small claims court summons to his house/company.
File a complaint with the online BBB
File a complaint with the PA State attorney general.
Print all this out send it certified mail to Botorff Fab. Stating that unless I receive a rear bumper as ordered in 2 weeks all this will be filed, no exceptions!

At this point only a winch & a steel rear bumper are holding me back from off road wheeling. My plastic factory bumper cannot take another hit or it will crack in two piece. Too bad this num nutz is a factor holding me back from the full potential of my Rover.

Thats my plan for starters
Call the police and tell them that they offered to give you drugs instead of a refund...

Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

and underage hookers

Last edited by hilltoppersx; 05-29-2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: added underage
Old 05-29-2011, 08:33 AM
4wd High

No, still dont have them. He is communicating, however. I suppose I give people too much benefit of doubt.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:40 AM
4wd High

Well, I am a lawyer and will go after him if my sliders are not at my house this week.

Quick Reply: bottorf-fabrication