Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C not blowing

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:59 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C not blowing

Jonathan Dallas, Tx. I have 2002 Disco\ a/c not working unless veh is moving\ Dealer said it's a fuse box internal failure 90.50\ $$$$750 don't have the money\105 tempature right now, pls help me out. Thanks..

Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not working unless it's moving?

Meaning all the fans work inside, but its only cold when you are moving?

Possible, but improbable. Turn the AC on and look at the electric fan in front of your radiator on the passenger side. Is it on? Is should be. If not, you need a multimeter so we can test through the circuit and figure out why not.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:45 PM
4wd Low

It blows very little cold air, only when the veh is moving. When I get to a stop the A/C stops blowing...Front control works only on low speed. Rear does not work at all.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by jonmora05
It blows very little cold air, only when the veh is moving. When I get to a stop the A/C stops blowing...Front control works only on low speed. Rear does not work at all.
You mean the inside fan gets slower when you stop moving? And if that's the case, does the air coming out stay cold?

From what you're telling me this sounds less like and AC problem and more like an inside climate control issue (the blower motor, speed control transistor, or the controller itself).

Just trying to make sure I send you down the right path here with things to try.

Here's another idea....did they tell you as part of that ridiculous estimate exactly what work they proposed to do or what parts they were going to replace?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Winching

I think that the dealer wants to replace the fuse panel located under the dash and next to the steering column. Am I right Jon.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by buick215
I think that the dealer wants to replace the fuse panel located under the dash and next to the steering column. Am I right Jon.
That's what I'm guessing too, but I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

Because....really? I don't think I need to go any further here. If the panel is really that bad, there would be a whole lot of things not working other than the blower fan.

Not that this level of scumbaggery would surprise me coming out of a dealership.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Winching

Actually it is possible. The fuse panel could have burnt at the base of just one of the fuses. Unlikely but at the same time very possible especially with a Land Rover and english electrics.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by buick215
Actually it is possible. The fuse panel could have burnt at the base of just one of the fuses. Unlikely but at the same time very possible especially with a Land Rover and english electrics.
But would anyone other than the dealer decide it's time to junk the entire panel and replace it with factory new parts if that's all that was wrong?

Any sane shop would give you some choices. Like bypassing the problem circuit with an inline fuse.

This isn't a new truck. It's not worth $40+ K anymore. Let's be realistic here.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
4wd Low

Good Morning guys,

Thank you'll for responding back to my post.
Yes, as long as the hev is moving I get some very little cold air.
Yes, the dealer wants to replace the whole fuse box( located next to the battery).

Something that I have notice is when I push the bottom in the climate control to make to air circulate, the whole thing stops working( no more air coming out).

Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by jonmora05
Something that I have notice is when I push the bottom in the climate control to make to air circulate, the whole thing stops working( no more air coming out).
You mean push on a button, or just on the the climate control unit?

If so, this has absolutely nothing to do with your engine bay fuse box, or the inside fuse box.

Quick Reply: A/C not blowing