Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cash for your Disco!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by llPANCHOll
The security gaurd at the Gated Community I have been working in keeps offering me cash for my Disco.. He was up to $6,000 this morning...

I keep telling him that its not for sale, but seeing as I only paid $2,500 for it, it does make me smile!
I would also offer $10k for a DI with only 55k miles. Thats a clean truck man.

Originally Posted by DiscoJag
If you trade your Disco in in the cash for clunkers program you may get $4,500 toward the purchase of a new car, but the dealer is required to have the Disco recycled (crushed) within six months. I could never do that to my Disco. It's kind of like having your wife bumped off for the life insurance - come to think of it, I think I'd do that before turning my Disco in to the crusher.
DiscoJag, I've seen many people on different forums who owns a Land Rover and a Jaguar. That's awesome!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

You know what they say about brilliant minds ...

Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you trade your Disco in in the cash for clunkers program you may get $4,500 toward the purchase of a new car, but the dealer is required to have the Disco recycled (crushed) within six months. I could never do that to my Disco. It's kind of like having your wife bumped off for the life insurance - come to think of it, I think I'd do that before turning my Disco in to the crusher.
LOL...too funny

Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Think of all the good parts going to waste so Obama can get people to go in debt and buy new cars to stimulate the economy. I personally prefer to stimulate the economy by buying parts and keeping my paid for Disco running great.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The thought of my disco being crushed brings a tear to my eye... But obviously I wont being trading her in anytime soon!

But here is the funny part about this Cash for Clunkers program: There are two main ideas to the program itself, stimulate the auto industry a bit; which is great, I like that part. But the other idea behind it is to get low MPG vehicles off the road and replace them with better MPG vehicles, which in return will help the evironment right?? Not so fast! If you read the fine print, all engines must be destroyed before they are sent off. So how do they destroy the engine?? With a sodium silicate solution, a powerful chemical that is considered a neurotoxin! So while we are saving the world one clunker at a time... we're harming it too. Typical of a half thought-out government program....

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grussell
Think of all the good parts going to waste so Obama can get people to go in debt and buy new cars to stimulate the economy. I personally prefer to stimulate the economy by buying parts and keeping my paid for Disco running great.
now thats the way to go! Dont you want to trade in your paid for fine running vehicle and further engorge your debt? There is no way that excessive debt got our country in this situation! We all will be paying back that $4500 plus some anyway no matter what.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The program is stupid, Regan wanted to do this back in the 80's too, but the oil lobbiest's stopped it.
If you dont want to trade in your Rover then dont.
The program has not been a success, so dont worry about your cheap parts.
And it is a good thing it has not been a success because if everybody trades in their old cars what are us poor people going to buy when we need a "new" car?
Not that I want a new car but I sure as hell cant afford one, even with all the rebates and the cash for clunkers.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you trade your Disco in in the cash for clunkers program you may get $4,500 toward the purchase of a new car, but the dealer is required to have the Disco recycled (crushed) within six months. I could never do that to my Disco. It's kind of like having your wife bumped off for the life insurance - come to think of it, I think I'd do that before turning my Disco in to
the crusher.
There's nothing funny about that.

(hehehehehe - Peter Griffin laugh)

Anyway, considering the program is about to be suspended due to lack of funds (apparently $1 Billion isn't enough), you will all have more time to think about it. And if I find any of you doing it, I will hunt you down, I WILL find you and I will kill you.

But there's nothing funny about that.

(hehehehehe)

Old 07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uh ooohhh speedoodios

(stewie)

Old 07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I leave more personallity in tightly coiled piles on the lawn.