Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Cdl questions. (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/cdl-questions-30591/)

Spencerfitch 04-21-2010 05:10 PM

Cdl questions.

I'm speaking to the owner over the phone be aide it's out of state and he says
his 98 doesn't have cdl when I ask him, but he says you can install one on it. Don't all d1s come with cdl? I'm not sure if he knows what he's talking of and I really don't k ow how to tell if it does or doesn't. So how can you tell? Isn't it a part of the transfer case?

yloDiscoII 04-21-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch (Post 174002)
I'm speaking to the owner over the phone be aide it's out of state and he says
his 98 doesn't have cdl when I ask him, but he says you can install one on it. Don't all d1s come with cdl? I'm not sure if he knows what he's talking of and I really don't k ow how to tell if it does or doesn't. So how can you tell? Isn't it a part of the transfer case?

Yes, all DI's came with CDL...the T-Case shifter should have 5 selections including neutral if I remember correctly.

Camdisco24 04-21-2010 05:21 PM

Unless he has downgraded, a 98 should have CDL.
My best guess is that he doesn't know what CDL is?
Ask him to take a picture of the shifter...

Danny Lee 97 Disco 04-21-2010 08:29 PM

If he has never used it, doesn't even know what it is, then most likely it is frozen in place due to the linkages corroding. It probably won't engage if it will even move. But it is usually a simple fix, but a lot of removal to get to it. I have multiple pitures if you're interested.

Mine finally works "Smooth as Butter" after complete teardown, replacement of all the little clevis pins and clips and replacement of the CDL Switch as well.

Makes a world of difference when the diff locks do engage.

yloDiscoII 04-22-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Camdisco24 (Post 174005)
Unless he has downgraded

Yeah, and probably put the 2wd kit in at the same time:D

antichrist 04-22-2010 12:23 PM

Play the hand you're dealt...
"No CDL? Bummer, I really need it, but if I can add it, and you knock $500 off the price for not having it, I'll take it."

:p

Shane83 04-22-2010 01:08 PM

there you go Tom!! thats exactly what I was thinking.. If you know it came stock.. shoot, play it to your advantage...

Take it easy,

Spencerfitch 04-22-2010 01:10 PM

yea I would have done that but the guy told me to go to hell and quit wasting his time out of nowhere.. :????

Camdisco24 04-22-2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch (Post 174144)
yea I would have done that but the guy told me to go to hell and quit wasting his time out of nowhere.. :????

haha what did you say to the guy???
Did you make fun of his mother?

Spencerfitch 04-22-2010 02:03 PM

I just asked for a picture of tge transfercase and some interior shots before I would commit..