Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   cruise control not working (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/cruise-control-not-working-33777/)

timdunbar 08-30-2010 07:10 PM

cruise control not working

Ok guys this is my next fix, my cruise doesn't seem to come on. I hit the button on the side of my instrument cluster and the green light comes on, but I can't actually set the speed. Before anyone asks, yes I was going more then 28 miles an hour.

Spike555 08-30-2010 07:46 PM

The button on the dash is the master power switch, turn it on and leave it alone.
You set the cruise by pressing the button on the steering wheel.

timdunbar 08-30-2010 09:13 PM

Right Spike I did that, perhaps I wasn't clear. I press the button on the dash, then I accelerate to my desired speed with the gas pedal, then press the button on my steering wheel but it won't hold the speed.

lordmorpheus 08-30-2010 09:15 PM

Damaged vacuum line to the cruise control unit on the right inner fender?

timdunbar 08-30-2010 09:23 PM

I asked this question before I did a forum search, which is backwards. I got some ideas of where to look and then I had to go get water for a possible hurricane and visit the in-laws and now it's dark. So I'll look tomorrow.

Spike555 08-30-2010 09:54 PM

The number one cruise control issue is a cracked vacuum line.
Start at the brake pedal and work your way from there.

Eak69 08-31-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike555 (Post 195528)
The number one cruise control issue is a cracked vacuum line.
Start at the brake pedal and work your way from there.

I'm having the same issue.

Where inside the engine bay do I trace this vacuum line? I am one of those who live and die by cruise control so it would be 'most excellent' to try to fix it.

sloan74 08-31-2010 08:00 AM

You try pulling it towards you on the steering wheel switch instead of pushing it to get the speed to stick?
________
Mitsubishi Galant Lambda

Eak69 08-31-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloan74 (Post 195567)
You try pulling it towards you on the steering wheel switch instead of pushing it to get the speed to stick?

Yes.....:confused:

Spike555 08-31-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eak69 (Post 195556)
I'm having the same issue.

Where inside the engine bay do I trace this vacuum line? I am one of those who live and die by cruise control so it would be 'most excellent' to try to fix it.

I am the same way, I even set my cruise in the city.
Start at the back of the brake pedal, there is a vacuum line on the back of the pedal, then just follow that, it will "T" in the engine bay, it cracks at the ends as the rubber gets old.
I used Liquid Tape and gooped up all of the ends of my cruise line and it has worked for 3 years now.