Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   D2 turn signal issue (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/d2-turn-signal-issue-88792/)

Charlie Black 03-25-2018 02:16 PM

D2 turn signal issue

I have a 2001 Land Rober discovery 2 I recently bought that had a blown head gasket. That problem is fixed, and the vehicle runs perfectly now. The only problem I am having, is that my turn signals, and hazard lights don’t work. The lights on the dash say they are working, but the lights on the outside are not flashing. I have checked the fuses, and all the grounds that I can find. Anyone have a clue what I could look for. I also discovered that the rear wipers and fog lights don’t work. Can all these issues be related

JUKE179r 03-25-2018 03:03 PM

Check the relays under the steering wheel area. There are 1 each relay for each turn signals.

OffroadFrance 03-25-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by JUKE179r (Post 641681)
Check the relays under the steering wheel area. There are 1 each relay for each turn signals.

X1 ......... it's more than likely it's one or both of the non latching relays in the interior fusebox under the dash. RAVE Wiring Diagrams Page 44.1

PS: To hear them clicking you need the ignition key in position 2 or just press the hazard button in any position.

Charlie Black 03-25-2018 03:42 PM

I don’t hear any clicking from either of the relays. Can I switch one out with one from under the hood. Like maybe the headlight relay to eliminate the problem

OffroadFrance 03-25-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Black (Post 641688)
I don’t hear any clicking from either of the relays. Can I switch one out with one from under the hood. Like maybe the headlight relay to eliminate the problem

No, they are different latching type relays and not non latching relays. Check at the relay terminals for 12 volts power with the indicators or hazards on. Also carefully check your fuses.

Charlie Black 03-25-2018 04:06 PM

Do you know what the relay model number is. I’m not for sure that these haven’t been messed with before

Charlie Black 03-25-2018 04:33 PM

I checked for 12v at the relay plug on both left and right. I have 12v on the center spot( the inside of the 2 bigger spots, but I don’t lose voltage if I turn the blinker off, or even turn the key off. I ran to Orellys to see if they had the relays, but of course, they have to order them

Charlie Black 04-02-2018 04:15 PM

Still haven’t figured it out

i am still having problems getting my turn signals to work. The lights inside the vehicle work, but I am not getting anything outside the vehicle. I have also discovered that the rear windows, rear wiper, fog lights, and lock/ unlock button don’t work. I was focused on the turn signal issue, and someone told me to replace the relays under the steering wheel. I did so, and still no change. Anyone have a clue where to look. For the problem. Also, all the fuses are fine

Twix 04-02-2018 04:39 PM

Probably need to change out the entire fuse panel under the steering wheel. It's a common issue. Check the pin out on the back of the panel, see if you're getting power at the signal bulb sockets, and at the panel pin out.

May as well check the rest of the non-working items, but I can almost guarantee that your panel is toast

Charlie Black 04-02-2018 04:41 PM

Well that’s not what I was hoping to hear, but I’ll check it out. Thanks