Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo questions and Rear Tire rack puzzle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo questions and Rear Tire rack puzzle?

Hello everyone. So i picked up my 2004 G4 challenge disco today from the shippers. My two main questions are this; What's the difference between the stock S model radio package and say the Harmon Kardon package in the SE/HSE? besides the extra speakers in the back. Are they the same speakers up front? My head unit appears to be reading CD's but no sound comes out, while i get great sound out of the unit while tuning into the FM stations locally. My other question is my disco is lifted with oversized tires. I was told by the guy who sold it to me that he was told if you flip the rear tire carrier upside down and bolt it on again the oversize tire and wheel will clear the rear bumper and bolt on just fine. How is this possible, if it even is, and it appears to me like it would affect the rear window wiper. Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreaciated. Sorry for the run on thread. Thanks and happy wheeling

Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The rear tire carrier flip is true. If you want the rear wiper to rest as it is now. you will need to cut a slot out 1.5" x 1.5" for the arm of the wiper to run through. That is how I have seen it done from a guy's writeup over in the UK = Urban panzer. Here is the link

http://www.discovery2.co.uk/spare_carrier.html

Last edited by bosshogt; 07-22-2011 at 11:58 PM.