Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco farwell fiesta!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777
Well got damn frenchy!!
Common misconception. He's actually an Englishman living in France.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****sigh**** oh.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Just don't shoot the A-Pillar trim haha......

Honestly I have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and the most unreliable and way more $$$$ to own/operate were my 05 Rubicon/05 Unlimited Wranglers!!!! From constantly needing brake calipers like every 5K, to rear main leaks, axle seals, injector #3 getting hot and causing rough idle/starts, and just **** poor quality on interior parts like the turn signal stocks, HVAC control head, and wiring.

I'll take a Land Rover to a Jeep any day. I prefer RRC/D1/D90's but I do like a nice P38 or D2 as well. To bad you wouldn't swap me a parts D1 for your D2 blow up extravaganza lol

Old 09-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Land Rovers are as reliable as you want them to be. But I will agree they are not the best engineered vehicles.

However with the D2 its seems over the years the LR community has provided a solid method to keep these things relatively "reliable".

Also you also have to accept the fact that they leak. To me I don't give a sht if it leaks as long as it's not coolant and its not leaking like a faucet.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today's line of Jeep products is junk. Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-all junk. When it comes to rating on a POS scale, their products are a 10. Their QC is horrible. To be honest-most vehicles from year 2000 onward are built for disposing.

Old 09-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777
Facts

Land Rover; Discovery; 2003; SE II
87k miles. Been sitting in the drive way because it keeps crapping out. Again, only 87k miles.

Ford F-250 7.3 international diesel. 4 wheel drive AND 2 wheel option. 1997 model.
Almost half of a million miles.
Monthly routine service and that's it. No break downs.
I have pulled hundreds of cattle with it, hay bales, dirt, aggregate, heavy equipment. It has been a work horse and 100% reliable.

As for the disco? Well, I bought it used 4 months ago. It had 83k miles on it at the time. 2 weeks after a bought it, the check engine light started blinking and the engine began to bog down. Actually, the list of problems is longer that it is worth typing here.
I've been reading through a enumerable amount of posts on here and I have come to a conclusion the Land Rover/Range rover product is crap...absolutely CRAP.
So, tomorrow we are going to have a fiesta out on the ranch... beer, tannerite, a POS DISCO, and plenty of guns and ammo. Oh, BBQ as well. Anyone who lives close enough here in south Texas that wants to come, bring yourselves on over. Hurry though-it is not going to take much to blow a heap of aluminum and plastic to hell.
lmfao. This ought to be good. Video please