Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco Hidden Treasure

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Not my truck but in the back of a boneyard truck last year. Paid maybe five bucks at most. The VHS tape is unopened, still in its plastic wrapper.

Hi Min01, you could always keep your makeup in the LR pouch eh

In fact, most, if not all, of that stuff is original LR and many would like it for their truck, it's valuable as many throw theirs away when they sell.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 890 Likes on 642 Posts

It's bigger than I need for my make up. Actually, The other three items fit inside the pouch. There's room for my laptop plus my make up.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by naivedisco2
Found in the back of the passenger side front seat....

Party time!!!

I think you win the prize so far. I note there are three Magnums but only two Red Bulls.

The following users liked this post:
matt3502 (01-28-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
I think you win the prize so far. I note there are three Magnums but only two Red Bulls.
make sure you clean all the love stains off

Old 01-28-2017, 12:20 AM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

Three Magnums, Two Redbulls, and one fuzzy hand glove...

Old 01-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Hope he didn't by that one in Southern California for a "plumber" or "pizza delivery guy"

Old 01-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HBW1020
I decided to clean the rubber mat surrounding the console/shifter area. I noticed that when I pulled up the "PRNDL" cover there is a fair sized cavity where junk can easily fall in and get stuck. In my own shifter cavity I found some interesting stuff.
- About a dollars worth of sticky change
- A "Land Rover of Manhattan" key chain
- Two buttons in a little plastic bag
- A house key?
- And a 1 Euro coin?

If you want to check your disco for treasure and clean that rubber mat while you are at it, here you go:
1. To remove shift ****, put key in and shift to neutral then press the shifter button and pull straight up very hard. (Try not to give yourself a black eye)
2. Pull up on each corner of the PRNDL cover. Be careful for wires connecting on the back side of the cover.
3. Remove the low range/CDL selector by pulling up on the leather surround and turning the **** counter clockwise.

Pretty straight forward. I have only owned my disco for six months so there is a lot to uncover from the previous owners. I am interested to see what everyone else finds, so report back if you try it yourself!
Not to mention the radiation dosimeter film. Is the truck glowing in the dark?

Old 02-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HBW1020
I decided to clean the rubber mat surrounding the console/shifter area. I noticed that when I pulled up the "PRNDL" cover there is a fair sized cavity where junk can easily fall in and get stuck. In my own shifter cavity I found some interesting stuff.
- About a dollars worth of sticky change
- A "Land Rover of Manhattan" key chain
- Two buttons in a little plastic bag
- A house key?
- And a 1 Euro coin?

If you want to check your disco for treasure and clean that rubber mat while you are at it, here you go:
1. To remove shift ****, put key in and shift to neutral then press the shifter button and pull straight up very hard. (Try not to give yourself a black eye)
2. Pull up on each corner of the PRNDL cover. Be careful for wires connecting on the back side of the cover.
3. Remove the low range/CDL selector by pulling up on the leather surround and turning the **** counter clockwise.

Pretty straight forward. I have only owned my disco for six months so there is a lot to uncover from the previous owners. I am interested to see what everyone else finds, so report back if you try it yourself!
Those Kodak stuff looks like dental xray films.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't show it in the picture, but on the back of the kodak film is some sort of prescription tag with one of the previous owner's name on it. I looked her up on facebook and she's a ~60 year old lady living in long island. Shes also a registered nurse. The film records radiation waves and is commonly used in hospitals.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Camel Trophy

Yeah, I too am **** enough I looked it up. From what I read they are used to monitor radiation exposure to healthcare professionals to help ensure they are not exposed to it excessive amounts of x-ray radiation.

Quick Reply: Disco Hidden Treasure