Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   The Disco in its Natural Habitat (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/disco-its-natural-habitat-33407/)

Camdisco24 08-15-2010 09:05 PM

The Disco in its Natural Habitat

5 Attachment(s)
Got a few cool pics today after my buddy and I decided to go off roading last min. As some of you may remember, my friends dad purchased a mountain to eventually be developed but since the economy is in the dump, its just logging trails at the moment until things improve. We go out there as much as we can and its been great getting some experience off road without crowds of other wheelers. This was the 2nd time we went out this summer and needless to say... it was a littler greener than it was in May... Nothing intense today, just some beautiful foggy mountain views.

Attachment 46877

Attachment 46878

Attachment 46879

Attachment 46880

Attachment 46881

Love how the pics came out. Looks like we forged our way through the jungle!

vandev 08-15-2010 09:10 PM

cool

Nice pics cam... But your truck is way to clean...:D

discomedic4 08-15-2010 09:11 PM

Looks like a blast man. I am jealous.

Camdisco24 08-15-2010 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by vandev (Post 192838)
Nice pics cam... But your truck is way to clean...:D

haha didn't finish that way! ;)

sloan74 08-15-2010 09:21 PM

gorgeous pics man....yup weather was nice today too. It was overcast, drizzle, jungle like in Charlotte also.

Gonna have to get rid of that Broncos jpeg and replace it with Panthers. That could be a problem....LOL
:D
________
VOLVO B18 ENGINE PICTURE

Camdisco24 08-15-2010 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by sloan74 (Post 192844)
Gonna have to get rid of that Broncos jpeg and replace it with Panthers. That could be a problem....LOL
:D

not gonna happen! :D
Although, if someone forced me to pick a 2nd team, Panthers would be it. I was brainwashed since birth as a Bronco fan though!

Did anyone just see Tebow bring some college magic to the NFL in his first preseason game?? He pounded it in for a TD Gator style! gotta love it... even though it was against 2nd stringers... haha

Spike555 08-15-2010 10:09 PM

I like the first pic best.

Jason_B 08-15-2010 10:35 PM

I wish i had somewhere that lush to go offroading, here its all desert and rocks.

Camdisco24 08-15-2010 10:47 PM

It is really beautiful out there. At the top there are some amazing mountain views. Today with the fog was a real sight to see. We're both gonna miss those trails when the development gets serious. We've prob got at least 2 more years to enjoy it though.

Over the past 3 years, since we started going, we've seen just about every condition out there too. Snow, rain, thick mud, rocks... its been a great "practice field" for us. The CDL was AWESOME today too BTW. Compared to what is used to feel like off road, it now feels like its grabbing the ground the whole time. Makes it worth every cent when the jeep slides around and the rover just chugs on up with ease. :D Before CDL, i'll admit, the Jeep climbed better... not anymore though!

handsome rob 08-16-2010 12:42 PM

Great pics, definately the Rover is in it's element. Consider yourself very lucky to be able to have a place like that you can go to.