Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

discovery tires and lift Q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default discovery tires and lift Q's

Hi i just got my newer disco (an 04), and just wanted to first say thanks for all the help. u guys are great, and ive never been apart of a forum that offer so much support. k now im done with the emotional stuff and its time for some upgrades!! i currently have the 18" hurricanes with the stock recommended demension tires. these tires are just tooo small! so i want to do a 2inch lift with some taller tires. i was thinking like 265/75's.
what would you guys recommend for a lift? would u do body or suspension and what brand???
i would like to keep the ride quality, i really dont want it to b bumpy!!!

what would you recommend for tires? width height and brand?? again ride quality outweights offroad performance, but i still want something that looks agressive.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:51 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Stay away from a body lift. They'll leave the frame exposed and look ugly. Do a suspension lift from either Old Man Emu or Rovertym Engineering. To keep the stock ride quality use spacers on top of the springs but replacement springs are the recommended lift method.

If you're actually going to off road with the truck get rid of the 18" wheels and put on 16" rims. Your tire choice is a lot larger and tires are cheaper.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Make sure you trade your way out of those 18" wheels and get some 16" factory alloys. 265/75/16 are great although you will loose a little over a mile per gallon. I would suggest doing a full Old Man Emu lift, of which there are 4 depending on you needs. Replace the shocks, coils and steering stabliizer, do it your self if you are a little mechanical and save a bunch.
How many miles on the truck, has a major service been done on it recently, has the front drive shaft been rebuilt yet?

Old 05-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Stay away from a body lift. They'll leave the frame exposed and look ugly. Do a suspension lift from either Old Man Emu or Rovertym Engineering. To keep the stock ride quality use spacers on top of the springs but replacement springs are the recommended lift method.

If you're actually going to off road with the truck get rid of the 18" wheels and put on 16" rims. Your tire choice is a lot larger and tires are cheaper.

where is a good place to find these springs? do you know of anyone with a set for sale?? that would be too perfect i had the 16's on my last disco, and i just didnt like the look of them. i know theyre alot lighter and better for off roading, but i just like the looks of these 18's. plus im not a die hard off roader.

Would 265/75/18 nitto terra grapler all terrans fit if i got a 2inch lift? i currently have 255/55 nitto's and i like the look theyre just too small!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

18"s are not worth crap off road, their side walls are weak and get torn, they don't ride as well as a 16 and for the most part they are heavier, certainly stronger. When it comes to wheeling, it is not based on how the wheel looks but performs.
As for the lift, will you be adding a bumper, ft and rear, sliders or a winch cause this will determine what lift to get.
Go on the LRRF, click on their store where they have about the best prices on line.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Rock Crawling

I found my 5 16'' wheels on ebay for 200,