Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diso2... 1 st gear only problem...help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disco2... 1 st gear only problem...help

Hello all, new to rovers and this forum, not to wheeling and repairs. Against all recommendations I bought a 99 disco 2 from a fella that was fed up...had a few problems (amigo lights, srs light and m+s, front crank seal leak, rear coolant leak outside-not in cylinders--this could be big??)

Srs was the plug under drivers seat, wires got pulled from plug...fixed that.

So I started the list for the tranny, while the m+s flashed I was able to drive quite normally and gears changed fine. Found it had a battery voltage and connector issue, changed the battery and connectors...voila, the m+s lights stop flashing....but....now it wont shift out of 1st gear. the shift indicator will go from 1-2-3-d-n-p and will also indicate on dash the same(assume it is not the wxyz? or maybe), will do reverse no problem, but even warm (as i read to do) it will not shift out of first. My next task is to change tranny fluid and filter...but could it be something easier, of reset wise? only get 2 codes, p0134 (oxygen sensor related) and the rough road one forget it off hand but believe it to be p0158.

thanks for all that chime in, all help is welcome!

Todd

Last edited by toddster911; 01-28-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

worked on the rover again today, let it get to running temperature..and then some, still no other gears....no m+s lights...miss them as I was able to stilll drive it and the gears changed?? dont understand.

did the abs module fix...was easier than expected but the amigos remain...

Starting to wonder why I got involved with this p.o.s....no offense, just discouraged.