Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Dome lights staying on - HELP!? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/dome-lights-staying-help-15254/)

nestep 08-15-2008 01:53 PM

Dome lights staying on - HELP!?

Guys please help. The dome lights are now staying on in my 2001 Disco. When I lock the door with the keyless entry the horn honks like a door is open but its not. Can anyone tell me what is up or what fuse it is for the lights so I can pull it. Thanks alot!!

Disco2Guy 08-15-2008 01:56 PM

RE: Dome lights staying on - HELP!?

Any chance our hood or tailgate is open? They will set of the horn beep when locking your doors if they're open too.

There's also a manual 3-way switch on the light. Off, On, and Auto.

nestep 08-15-2008 01:58 PM

Yeah I checked all the doors and hood, all good. If I just shut the lights off will that work and not pull the fuse? I cant get stuck, I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere at times. Thanks!

Disco2Guy 08-15-2008 02:07 PM

If the lights are out when you close the doors and stay off you should be ok. Sometimes mine seem to take longer to go out. Like a minute or so.

nestep 08-15-2008 02:09 PM

Yeah thats what they were doing until this morning. Now they stay on when I drive and everything. Do you know where the pin switch is location?

Disco2Guy 08-15-2008 02:46 PM

Well the owner's manual on the RAVE CD has a few fuses listed for interior lighting. I'm not sure which one will work for you however. Double chack the cover under the steering wheel too.

Fuse 11, 10 amps-
Side & tail lights - LH
Number plate light
Headlight levelling motors
Interior illumination
Trailer socket
Sunroof

Fuse 15, 20amps-
Cigar lighter
Interior lights
Seat heaters
Vanity mirror illumination

Fuse 20, 15 amps-
Interior lights
Clock/radio memory
Engine remobilisation
Compact disc player*

Fuse33, 10 amps-
Side & tail lights - RH
Headlight levelling switch
Radio
Trailer socket
Interior illumination

Darover 08-15-2008 02:48 PM

All right, go try this.....open the hood and on the passenger side of the engine on the firewall, is a black rubber flashlight looking gizmo. Its an overide that works together with the alarm and what not. Just press the top of it and it should reset everything. Maybe that will help. Let us know. first make sure that your dome lights are not on the 'ON' mode.

nestep 08-15-2008 03:05 PM

Nope that didn't do it. I'm thinking its a door switch, problem is I can't find the door switch. Is it inside the door?

nestep 08-15-2008 03:15 PM

Thanks for the fuse info. You guys rock...

Spike555 08-15-2008 07:28 PM

The door switch is in the door latch. Close your doors and make sure that they are flush with the outside of the trk. If your doors are out of adjustment the dome light can stay on.
Also buy a can of silicon spray, spray the latches really good, all the doors. If the swicth gets wet (rain/carwash)it can malfuncton.