Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door locks, and alarm trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door locks, and alarm trouble

I have a 96 Disco that won't start. After some good advice, it was discovered that the door locks no longer function via the alarm and automatic features (lock-out feature) and only operate manually. The alarm light does not function either. I did have some water damage to the relays in the lower right kick panel. I have swapped some of these relays, but does anyone know where or what relay controls the door locks and alarm features?
The starter does turn over, fuel psi good etc, but no ignition.Will the alarm only disable the ignition, or the starter? Please help! Nearest shop 3.5 hrs without the flatbed tow!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Door locks, and alarm trouble

should just disable the ignition, not the starter. Too easy to jump starters and drive off...

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Mudding

Thats good info!
Any ideas how to disable the alarm, or reset it?I do not have anyblinking lights, all fuses good.

I am not sure how the door lock system works. Are you aware of any locations of grounds, relays etc.?
*could the two share a common fault? Thinking so!

[&o]Going crazy with this thing. Originally had some water damage due to leaking windshield. I replaced all the relays on the right side kick panel that were bad (that I am aware of).

96 DI 5speed

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Mudding

If you had water damage in those relays you need to open the harness under the passenger side dash too, if you look under theRS dash you;ll see a big 1 1/2 inch thick harness covered in black plastic, carefully cut the plastic cover and tie wraps and expose the harness , if you see any green chalky residue you need to repair the ground junctions, green and grey blocks in the harness,these cause alot of electrical issues in these cars
dont just cut the wires as they are all not connected together, but seperated in the plugs
The alarm ECU is the small green ecu behind the glove box and replacement requires an ECU code relearn

Old 09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Mudding

AWESOME! Any guidance is appreciated. Sounds like a great starting point! Any concerns about purchasing a salvaged ECU?